Schlage Link and Android

coondogg97

Reaction score
Does anyone have any Schlage Link devices? I knew before I picked up the hardware that there wasn't an Android app yet, but I figured I would still be able to control the devices from a browser. That doesn't seem to be the case though. I just keep getting a certificate error in Dolphin and the stock browser. Wondering if anyone else has had the same issue.

I should also add the URL I am trying to reach from my phone is:

www.schlagelink.com

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
Alright, not much luck on getting the site up on the Droid. But I will say this system has been running great. When I do want to adjust remotely I bring it up on my iPod Touch.

jozhua

Reaction score
No certificate error on Opera Mini 5 beta.. which is cool since I wanted a reason to download it & try it out :)

Not to veer too off topic but do you have a Z-wave set up in your house? If so how do you like it?

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
No certificate error on Opera Mini 5 beta.. which is cool since I wanted a reason to download it & try it out :)

Not to veer too off topic but do you have a Z-wave set up in your house? If so how do you like it?

Funny, I downloaded Opera a few days ago but haven't even launched it. Just tried it now and the page comes up on Opera. You're the man, thanks for the suggestions, Opera worked well.

As I said the Schlage stuff is working great. I haven't gotten into other Z-Wave devices though. But as of now the Schlage units work flawlessly.

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if there is a eta on a android app?

Just over a two week turn around. This is the response I got today:

Mr. Brian,
Schlage is currently working with the manufacturer on testing and certification. However, we do not have a time frame when the manufacturer will complete testing to allow our application to be downloaded to their operating system. We are hoping for deployment in 2010.
Thank you for contacting us,
Schlage LiNK Customer Support Center
877-288-7707

razorseal

Reaction score
I got the same reply few days ago, total bull****. I wish they would stop this pre written thing and give an actual eta. They don't realize they would make more money if they had this for android. there are more androids compared to iphones...

Aggie

Reaction score
Found Schlage LiNK app on the Marketplace this week. Works pretty well.

darus77

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't want to threadjack, but I have a quick question. I really like the design of Schlage Link and involved hardware, but cannot justify the 13 bucks a month to use it. Does anybody know of a hardware/software solution that can be run on a home network to do the same type of thing but does not require the monthly fees?

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
The fee has actually been dropped to $8.99 a month. I am in the process of buying a house now. When we move I planning on going with this system instead of Schlage:

http://www.micasaverde.com/

It gets good reviews, but I have no personal experience with the system.

wnrussell

Reaction score
Thank you... The Mi Casa Verde Vera was exactly what I was looking for...
App was released for Android last week. Got the deadbolt lock, two lamp switches, thermostat and two cameras.

If anyone wants screenshots, let me know what you want to see.

schlage1.jpg

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
App was released for Android last week. Got the deadbolt lock, two lamp switches, thermostat and two cameras.

If anyone wants screenshots, let me know what you want to see.

Funny I am answering my own thread and I never checked to see if the app was released yet. THANK YOU Russell, the app is great!! Unlike the iPhone/iPod Touch version it even supports the video for the camera.

dancedroid

I know there is a lot of negative feedback because Schlage has been slow to release new products and they charge a monthly fee. But the system works great and they are obviously making advancements. If they start releasing more hardware I would have no problem sticking with them and paying the fee.

OP
coondogg97

coondogg97

Reaction score
If they start releasing more hardware I would have no problem sticking with them and paying the fee.
I bought the GE 3-Way On/Off Kit and plan to hook that up next. It isn't made by Schlage.

Here is a link to the line: GE Z-Wave, Wireless Lighting Controls

I read on other forums that Schlage is very proprietary when it comes to their z-wave products. That's one of the main reasons I went with the thermostat that Trane manufactured for them. I haven't ventured out and tried any products without the Schlage Link branding so I can't say from experience. But I would be very interested in how you make out.

I would really like to setup a scene controller like this:

Leviton VRCS4-1LX Vizia RF 4-Button Scene Controller - Smarthome

But I never thought it would integrate into my Schlage setup. If it can, I may be sticking with this setup and taking it with us!