Schematics Leak for Galaxy Note 3; New Features: Xenon Flash & Dedicated Cam Button

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gnote3-schematics.png

This story is just a rumor for now, as are most leaks, but if true it could prove very interesting. Supposedly some schematics were leaked for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Within the schematics, a host of features have emerged and some of them are previously unknown. First, it appears that the GNote3 will come in two flavors... one with a Samsung Exynos 5 Octa-Core and the other with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800. This actually meshes up with previous rumors on the device.

The second bit of intel suggests the new 13MP camera in the GNote3 will include both a Xenon Flash and a dedicated camera button. Both of these are rare features which we have not seen very often (or in a while). Share your thoughts on this.

Source: PhoneArena

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Interesting info!

I kinda like the dedicated camera button but then again, I can also seeing it "get in the way"...can't wait to see this device actually announced and then released!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of the things I missed from the og droid was the dedicated camera button.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I liked the idea of a dedicated camera button, but the feature can be built into the camera app and allow the volume button to be the camera button so a dedicated button is not needed. An extra programmable button would possibly be nice.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Interesting info!

I kinda like the dedicated camera button but then again, I can also seeing it "get in the way"...can't wait to see this device actually announced and then released!

My DroidX had a dedicated camera button and I loved it. The xenon flash...seriously, yesterday I said one of the things holding back cameras on phones was lack of a proper flash. Seems I was right on par if this turns out to be correct.

bigdad63

Reaction score
So sad that I'm not going to get the Note 3. Everything is shaping up nicely except for the one thing I am determined to have in all of my future phones and tablets; front facing speakers. And yes, it is that important to me. I listen to a ton of media including situations where I need the volume just loud enough for only me to hear and where it's improper/inconvenient to use earplugs.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
So sad that I'm not going to get the Note 3. Everything is shaping up nicely except for the one thing I am determined to have in all of my future phones and tablets; front facing speakers. And yes, it is that important to me. I listen to a ton of media including situations where I need the volume just loud enough for only me to hear and where it's improper/inconvenient to use earplugs.

I really really hope they go to a front speaker.... Or even on the bottom like the iPhone would be better.... Although the placement on the note 2 is far better then the s3.much easier to "cup" the sound while using the phone...

Proudly from Beer Tent Capital of the World

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
We are hoping for an official announcement on September 4th I believe

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Looking good so far. Looks like its going to be like an S4 update. But this time the screen update will be alot more noticeable on the bigger screen. I am hopeful of the snap 800's quick charge 2.

loonamark

Reaction score
Samsung always keeps its best for the 'S' series, the note series gets only the better of the best.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I can't wait to see this puppy ..I'm with ya on front speakers that would be perfect ..and I agree with @Miller cup it a bit helps but front would be killer ..no dedicated camera button common now ..it's a phone not a camera ..lol

N2 tap'd HD

djsiva

Reaction score
I love my Note 2, and the only thing that kept me from switching back from the S4 to my Note 2 was the amazing screen on the S4. I can't wait for this beast to come out so I can finally be back in a bigger device with a screen that's just as good as the S4. :)

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
I love my Note 2, and the only thing that kept me from switching back from the S4 to my Note 2 was the amazing screen on the S4. I can't wait for this beast to come out so I can finally be back in a bigger device with a screen that's just as good as the S4. :)
I messed with an s4 for a moment I didn't think the screen was much better than the note 2 or s3....