Scanners Scanners Scanners

masters

Reaction score
Google Goggles scans items by pictures
BarCode Scanner is good for QR
ShopSavvy for products
Amazon Products
Google product search

So when people are out and shopping which app is most useful to you?

Which has best reviews / price / list of items.. What is the best app for which purposes..

Which do you use most in order and why?

jasonb

Reaction score
i have shop savvy. i have tested it, but i have not actually technically used it yet.

Varking

Reaction score
I use ShopSavvy. I work at Target and needed to do some Christmas shopping on lunch about two days ago and I found steals online of the products I was looking at thanks to this app. When the price difference is a few bucks I will just pony up and pay it at work since I work there but when I can save ten or more dollars it really makes me happy I installed this application.

Droid Dude

Reaction score
I have ShopSavvy and have used it several times and for the most part works well. However, there are times i just can't get it to scan some items, so i enter the barcode number manually. Overall, features are pretty good.

OP
M

masters

Reaction score
I have ShopSavvy and have used it several times and for the most part works well. However, there are times i just can't get it to scan some items, so i enter the barcode number manually. Overall, features are pretty good.

Hmm, never put the upc in ShopSavvy, usually I would just search for the name of the item. I get to many upc's that it can't lookup.

Google Goggles sometimes gets a lucky hit, but it's not that good yet.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I actually use Torrent-FU so if im at bestbuys or any other multimedia electronic store my main goal is to start pirating lol which I shouldn't brag about but im just answering what I use most often. If it wasn't for the torrent-FU scanner I would probably be using the google goggles so I can get pricing and reviews at once.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

Hmm, never put the upc in ShopSavvy, usually I would just search for the name of the item. I get to many upc's that it can't lookup.

Google Goggles sometimes gets a lucky hit, but it's not that good yet.

I really like ShopSavvy and use it pretty frequently. (Always just scan the barcode.)

But ShopSavvy even says that it's focus is mainly on high ticket items, media and electronics. You can sometimes find low-priced item information, but it's not what the developers were after.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I have no idea if this exists or not, but a similar app should be made that relies on user reporting, not just stores reporting (which is why the scanners don't usually work on grocery items -- grocery stores don't want to report their prices).