Sbfing while unrooted?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
I think you could since if it's like the DX it'll unroot you anyway.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
The thing is I was running gummy, OC, bootstrapped, themed, custom boot logo and animation. My pc died so I couldn't sbf to stock, so what I did I flashed a rooted stock backup I had to get rid of the rom then I used terminal emulater and root explorer to get rid of the rest of the stuff then unrooted with z4root. So I am back to stock, no su no bootstrap nothing. However I already got a laptop so I wanted to sbf to feel safer about being stock and clear of any rooting evidence. Idk if I should just sbf while stock or should I root and bootstrap again incase I mess up I can try and restore.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Just do it while stock. If it messes up, you're not really going to be able to restore anyway. If it messes up, SBF again, no big deal. If it tells you to manually reboot the phone at the end, don't freak out, switch your USB type to PC mode and you'll get a pass message in a few seconds.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Ok I sbfed while stock, when it says reboot manualy I can't because my phone is bootlooping, I tried it three times and my phone is stuck in bootloop

nakhleh926

Reaction score
Ok I sbfed while stock, when it says reboot manualy I can't because my phone is bootlooping, I tried it three times and my phone is stuck in bootloop

that's normal, on the dx at least, battery pull, then boot into recovery (hold home and power on dx, not sure for you) wipe data and cache and you should be fine.

FC127

Reaction score

that's normal, on the dx at least, battery pull, then boot into recovery (hold home and power on dx, not sure for you) wipe data and cache and you should be fine.

Hold x and power, then wipe data and cache.

OP
Palazuelosva

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Yeah I just had to clear cache and data and it worked, well I did all this on my test phone now its time to do it on my actual phone so it can be fresher than a vegetable.