SBFing from bootloader

bapperton

Reaction score
Hey guys.

My droid2 got stuck at the M logo when I stupidly didn't mount system when doing a backup (last thing I did before it wouldn't boot). Anyway, I'm all good on the directions for getting to the bootloader and SBFing with RSD lite, but Windows 7 won't recognize that the Motorola drivers are supposed to be controlling the phone.

When i plug the phone in, Windows starts searching for drivers online for the device "S Flash OMAP3630 MI." I realize this is the phone, but the driver search fails (I have the correct drivers installed!) and it isn't recognized in RSD lite.

The device never gets recognized by RSD lite.

Anyway, thanks for any help you can offer.
RSDlite is set to first come, first serve for devices.

trook

Reaction score
nothing is showing up in rsd lite? not even the s flash? your phone is supposed to show up as s flash device or something. A similar thing happened to me yesterday, I had to restart my phone with it plugged in to usb for the drivers to load properly. I just flashed my phone on a win 7 computer yesterday so if you get stuck anywhere, hit me up.

OP
B

bapperton

Reaction score
But were you doing it from the bootloader? Or was your phone fine with booting all the way to the OS?

nightwo|f

Reaction score
I sbf'd from the bootloader after I did the same thing (formatted /system, but forgot to mount it again before installing rom, though the install script took care of it..). I initially had the same problem with it not being recognized because I still had the old moto drivers from when I was messing with my droid1. Have you installed the latest drivers from motorola? After I did that I had no problem getting it working on windows XP virtualbox and a native windows7 64bit pc.

trook

Reaction score
I sbf'd with it in bootloader mode too. It will automatically put it into boot loader if you don't. I know mine did.

OP
B

bapperton

Reaction score
I was trying to update my moto drivers and couldn't really find the file. Could anyone link me to them?

I have had some interesting discoveries, though.

I suspected it was the driver, so I went into the driver wizard in Windows 7 and browsed for drivers manually. There is an option under "browse for drivers" (or whatever) that let me choose from a list. From there, I could tell the Moto driver to control my droid2 with many communication protocols. I can't remember all of them - I'm on campus at the moment - but the ones I tried were Control Connection and Data Connection.

The Data Connection driver got my phone recognized in RSD lite and I tried the flashing process, but it finished and got the re-enumeration error.

I did look on the moto site for drivers and it pointed me to some .inf files that I'm pretty sure run archaic phones. This was the PC and charging driver. Is that not the right one?

Anyway, thanks for your help, dudes.

trook

Reaction score
I used the drivers from the hacking/ rom install class thread that is in the d2 forum here. Just go to droid 2, droid 2 hacks, hacking/ rom install class and scroll down to the sbf course, there are links to motorola drivers (4.7.1 with motoconnect are the right ones) the newest rsd lite and alot of other things. we'll figure it out.

OP
B

bapperton

Reaction score
Nightwolf -
Yeah I was on that page but didn't see the motoconnect driver, just saw those old drivers at the bottom. Thanks though. I know how to use Google.

The new drivers fixed it. Thanks for everything, bros.

OP
B

bapperton

Reaction score
I got it working with a backup of 2.3.2 and then decided to restore Fission RC2 and now I'm stuck at the M logo again.

I wiped data in the recovery and can't get to the bootloader or recovery now.

Ugh.

nightwo|f

Reaction score
can't get into the bootloader by holding the volume buttons (both) + camera + power to turn it on? That is how I've gotten into it at least, there are likely other ways.