SBF'ed DX now have a Blue triangle and no Data

Simpdom

Reaction score
I have Sbf'ed for the first time, using rsdlite and after booting my device up in 2.3.34, there is a blue triangle in my notification bar and I have NO data reception. As you might understand issues like this drive my obssessive compulsiveness through the roof, Im slightly new to the rooting and was just trying to get back to normal old froyo. Now it seems I've screwed up. I have tried dialing *228 (I dont know if that makes sense but it was all I could come up with). Also since I was on Apex before I Sbf'ed I still have the Apex start up logo. Not a fan. I could really use some help!

*Also, it looks as though I am no longer rooted..

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you SBF'd. I do it this way ALWAYS on DX's now. This for me is the absolute very best way to SBF an X

Linux solution to your Windows/RSD lite problems

moving on the blue triangle I believe indicates activation of the device. I can't recall if the *228 option 1 thing removes that or if it was signing into the Gmail account again that fixed it....

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
I did dial 1 and nothing else happened... I thought it was strange. I also can't make normal calls. Except to that activation number. I'll try signing in to gmail.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can just do the SBF method I posted above and try this again. I am thinking something might not have gone down right when you SBF'd.

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
Well I'm already signed into my google account. I'm also getting the error that gmail force closed every time I open it. And I was following a guide that helped me SBF on windows.

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
Oh, are you saying that just SBF ing again could give me all my connectivity back?

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should fix all your problems providing there are no hardware issues

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just follow the method I posted and tell me what happens

Snow02

Reaction score
I did dial 1 and nothing else happened... I thought it was strange. I also can't make normal calls. Except to that activation number. I'll try signing in to gmail.

If it didn't say phone programmed successfully you need to do it again. Sometimes people have issues activating at night. Try again today.

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score

If it didn't say phone programmed successfully you need to do it again. Sometimes people have issues activating at night. Try again today.

Alright, I wanted to try this first to see if it was just this simple and it worked, so now i have a working phone today. Thanks! However, now Im still stuck with the Apex Boot Animation, and Gmail crashes constantly... Im going to try that other SBF method when I get home this evening, will that fix both of those issues? just curious. Or will I need to root my phone again from here and change the boot animation and then SBF back?

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
Just one more question so that I can make sure I'm following all the steps (I wanna get it right this time haha). Do I need to be rooted to enter Bootloader mode? or to SBF in general?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't need to be rooted to get into the bootloader.

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
S

Simpdom

Reaction score
Just follow the method I posted and tell me what happens

Okay nerdslogic I really appreciate the feedback so far. From you and the others :) I have followed the Linux method and upon booting my phone up I still have the exact same issues :/ Apex Boot Animation is still there, and Gmail is still crashing constantly... what are my other options??