SBF'ed Droid 2 Global won't take a charge, or boot up at all. Battery troubles?

jonsicoli

Reaction score
Hey all, long time reader, first time poster here. I have a lengthy story surrounding this problem, so I'll try to keep it brief.

So I have recently had to SBF my phone, after flashing the wrong Cyanogenmod image. I couldn't charge my battery in the phone, so I Macgyvered a USB cord to do it. However, THAT messed up the battery so that it isn't recognized by the phone, and thus won't charge from it. I was still able to SBF my phone with my "unofficial" battery, and got a replacement battery.

While the "unofficial" battery was in the phone, the phone seemed OK. But with the new battery, it doesn't even turn on at all. The light on the side turns on, so it's probably not a hardware problem, or the cord. What can I do?

By the way, I should mention that I bought this phone on eBay, from a guy in the States, and that as a Canadian, shipping the phone back to the US seems like an unfeasible option. If there's no other option, I'll look into it...

OP
J

jonsicoli

Reaction score
So, I took the phone to a repair shop. Apparently what had happened was: I didn't mess up the battery, I messed up the phone. While charging the battery, I mistakenly touched the wires to the terminals on the phone itself as well. And that blew out the power amp inside the phone. The repair shop couldn't find a replacement chip for the power amp, and would have to pull one out of a working phone. I decided that with a $200 repair cost, I could just buy another Droid 2 on eBay. So that's where I am now. If a mod could mark this thread solved or whatever, I'd appreciate it.