sbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

piousminion

Reaction score
How can we compare breaking into a house and robbing something with rooting a droid...?

And yes, he messed up his device, and stepped up and asked for help and its working now. If it wouldn't have booted up, I 100% backup him for wanting to and doing a return. Thats what a warranty and insurance is for. Even though it states that insurance and warranties are voided, people STILL do them. Because they know how much people fork out for these pieces of equipment.

Sent from my DROID X.

Ok, stupid analogy...but I was comparing the fact that when you root, you are aware (just like the robber) that there are preventative measures in place to keep you out. Rooting is fub, sure, and if you can take responsibility for it- go, rot away, but if you feel that you breaking it (doing something you KNOW Moto is trying to prevent) falls under warranty...stop.

the thing is, like it or not, the phone runs just fine as intended by manufacturer. The bootloader is not a flaw, but a security measure designed to keep us out (house again, LOL), and it's intent is not to brick the phone, but rather to force you to leave it as is. We happen to.have wonderful people who found a way around that- and other wonderful people who have created amazing roms improving the crap outta these phones...but that doesn't change the fact that if you brick the device, it is YOUR error, not manufacturer's error, not VZW error. You broke the device doing something you were not supposed to be doing. DEAL WITH IT. Don’t try to scam yourself a new one, either fix YOUR MISTAKE or pay for YOUR MISTAKE.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The difference is you are being locked out of your own house. I own the damn thing.

Furthermore, there shouldn't be anything that I can do, short of physically damaging the device, that can't be undone via software. If there is then it's a flaw. One that moto will either fix or pay for out of their own pocket. Right, wrong, legal, or illegal, it's going to happen. You and moto can't stop it and we won't stop it.

Also, you remind me of the human police on battlestar galactica. Why you stick up for them and their atrocious actions is beyond me.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Jim I'll say what alot are thinking but don't want to write it...YOU ARE AN ASSHOLE! If you are too stupid to modify a phone then you should not do it and ruin it for everyone else. In your own admission you have ruined numerous phones ...all caused by YOU, not the carrier or manufacturer. I bet you are the same person who would sue any chance you get.
You and others like you need to man up and take responsibility for your actions, if you brick your phone go buy a new one. If you need help ask for it, read EVERYTHING TWICE before flashing a phone and then ask questions if you are unsure. The Android community is full of people willing to help, myself included...I probably help several people on average a week so hit me up if needbe. If I can't help ill point you in the right direction.

What is happening now in the industry is phones are being designed to be harder to modify because of the actions you and others are taking. Who can blame the carriers/manufacturers they simply can't subsidize stupidity!

For those who agree with me and don't want to get into a flame war with Jim...send me a pm if you would like.

I agree with you I didn't want to be that harsh but you're right. And further more Jim shouldn't be rooting any device if he has ruined so many phones. Stupid and lazy don't mix with Android modding. Jim needs to just go buy an iPhone, Something safe. I have been rooting and modding Android Devices a while now and no Device I have touched has ever been returned to the store.

Sent from my Droid X Running TranQ 3.6.0

Wow I could not have said it better my self. I wanted to root my droid back in April when I heard about it but was unfamiliar with the process so what did I do? I spent a month on youtube and different forums watching video after vdeo and reading article after article, before I decided to finally SFB sprecovery to my droid. Even as someone who is very well versed in computers I was still very nervous about the process. Heck I run .iso images of linux through quem off of flash drives for fun. The point is, is that I did my research and knew what the consequences were and then I proceeded, knowing full well that if I messed up my phone and it couldn't be fixed that I would be responsible and would have to buy a new phone. By the way Jim what you have done is nothing short of fraud. It was totally immoral and irresponsible.
People like you are why communities like us here at the forum get a bad name in the corporate world. We are here to help not brag about how many times I bricked a phone and then went crawling back to Verizon to play dumb to get another without even asking for help to try and fix your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Boblank

Reaction score
Just to add my .02. I don't think anyone should mod their device if they aren't smart enough to recover. That being said if moto/verizon didn't release ota software that messed up peoples phones (mainly referring to the original froyo update for the x, that caused completely stock users to get stuch at the boot logo) they would not have to accept bricked phones and replace them. Its their fault they can't distinguish a bricked phone from a phone their own software messed up. doesn't make it right by any means, but they kinda dug their own grave.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread closed. This has gone completely off topic and there is no justification for insurance fraud. We don't allow it in the Droid Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.