radar3d

Reaction score
OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wrote the update.zip. It's a simple one that when you are done you have a stock 2.1 phone with root access.

Congrats. I looked at it and it appears that folks don't have to worry about losing their apps, desktop settings, or reinitializing their phone if they just want to stay on the stock rom but will still have root access for wifi-tethering, theming, etc.

Any chance of an update.zip to get sprecovery on the phone how we did with 2.01? that would make a lot of mac folks happy.

xcrider

Reaction score
How hard is it to go back to the way i had things BEFORE i installed SG? Do i just wipe and do a restore? Im not sure im happy with my batt life...

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
How hard is it to go back to the way i had things BEFORE i installed SG? Do i just wipe and do a restore? Im not sure im happy with my batt life...

You did a backup right? Just reboot while holding X, and do a simple nandroid restore to restore your last backup or do an advanced one to pick the one you want. No wipe needed.

xcrider

Reaction score

You did a backup right? Just reboot while holding X, and do a simple nandroid restore to restore your last backup or do an advanced one to pick the one you want. No wipe needed.
Yup i did several backups. And thanks. I wasnt sure itd be so easy...
Im going to give it some time though. I just got to make sure my batt life is decent... Ya know? Otherwise im loving it.

Diordna

Reaction score
Hey Christim! Ok so I am officially rooted, backuped and running the leaked ROM from pete before he officially released it.
I really want to understand this SetCPU better and how I can use it for my advantage. If I wanted to make the best performance what would I do?
It's just weird.

And I want to have Pete's official release ROM now instead of this leaked one. Will that make it easier at all to upgrade or anything? If or if not, I just don't understand how to change the ROMs now @.@
I was reading through Pete's thread but it didn't help my knowledge..

Thanks!

MrsDebbi

Reaction score
Wow I can't Beleive it!

I have actually rooted my phone!!!
I tried to do it with my desktop computer but it kept saying failed. I tried my laptop and succeeded.

Now I have issues.
I keep getting FC every 10 minutes or so and the Sync indicator won't go away.

I thought it was something I downloaded after I had to reactivate my phone and start all over.

My reason for Rooting was to get a WiFi tether for my itouch. Other than that, I don't know how to use the rooted phone or for what.

SoIneed help to fix the FC and Sync with Google problem

Diordna

Reaction score
My reason for Rooting was to get a WiFi tether for my itouch. Other than that, I don't know how to use the rooted phone or for what.

Put custom ROMs on your phone, if you're just rooted why not make your phone very awesome like?
Sure wifi tether is just an app in the market, but making your phone a lot faster and better can help make your monthly phone bill more worth it :)

And just maybe getting a ROM will help to rid your problem, I think it would.

MrsDebbi

Reaction score

Put custom ROMs on your phone, if you're just rooted why not make your phone very awesome like?
Sure wifi tether is just an app in the market, but making your phone a lot faster and better can help make your monthly phone bill more worth it :)

And just maybe getting a ROM will help to rid your problem, I think it would.

SOUNDS PERFECT!!! I love to tweek out all my gadgets. My hubby hates using my stuff cause it's so tweeked, but I think it's all COOL!

Since I am so new and all this is confusing of what programs, what files do what and how to get them on there, I'd love for a couple simple step by step things privately.

MrsDebbi

Reaction score

My assumption would have to be you either did something wrong, or were not exactly set up right to start in the first place.

For now I would recommend you follow the below guides (in order):

1. Recover your phone from a brick.

2. Sign in and allow phone to do the 2.1 update again.

(Note: to make it so you don't have to keep going back to 2.0.1 first. When following the below guide, after you flash the .sbf file make a NANDROID backup BEFORE moving on to the rooting your phone section)
I think I did that already, and I'm gonna try to restore from that before going forward with the wipe.

3. How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

4. install "ROM manager" from the market and you have to install a custom kernel in order to do tethering I currently recommend Cyanogenmod 5.0.6.2
I don't have ROM MANAGER but I will get it. I installed RSD lite. Then if I can figure out how to actually GET the kernel AND install it :)

(that is until the new DroidMod version comes out dancedroid)

If you have trouble following the guide go here:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#droidmod
That is where the smart folks hang out.

Good Luck
radar3d
The tether worked and I get my itouch to connect with the way it is.dancedroid
But it get the FC ALL THE TIME!! So based on what you said, and what I did... I'm going to restore from the SPRecovery, and run restored from basic and see if I get FC. I followed the directions according to the beginning of this thread and thought I did it right. I sure hate to wipe it all out again and spend all those hours restoring everything.

So I have completed the Do-Over and I am WORKING!!!
Now to get:
metamorph
wifi wireless tethering
usb wired tethering
and figure out how to install them!

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey Christim! Ok so I am officially rooted, backuped and running the leaked ROM from pete before he officially released it.
I really want to understand this SetCPU better and how I can use it for my advantage. If I wanted to make the best performance what would I do?
It's just weird.

And I want to have Pete's official release ROM now instead of this leaked one. Will that make it easier at all to upgrade or anything? If or if not, I just don't understand how to change the ROMs now @.@

Thanks!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/31461-over-clocking-101-concert-blackdroid-roms.html is a pretty good, though in depth link on overclocking. Start low, work your way up. See how your phone runs at 800 or 900mhz then go higher. Mine runs fine at 1.1ghz others do not.

Matt's guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html#post290134 has an overclocking section too.

So now that you're rooted, was it easier than you thought it would be?

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I have completed the Do-Over and I am WORKING!!!
Now to get:
metamorph
wifi wireless tethering
usb wired tethering
and figure out how to install them!

If at first you don't succeed, try try again....congrats!

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code and just install the moto-droid apk for wifi tether.

Some roms will come with it preinstalled. As you try various roms check out their list of "ingredients" most have on their installation/screenshot page.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I 've tried multiple times to use rsd lite. I have used it before to get back to stock and it worked.

I'm running as admin it sees my device but won't bring up the file prop. for .sbf file or ungray the start box if I change the name of the file like has been reported here i can get the start box to come up but when i hit start it says internal error cannot program phone

Help

Diordna

Reaction score
It's just weird.

Thanks!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/blackdroid/31461-over-clocking-101-concert-blackdroid-roms.html is a pretty good, though in depth link on overclocking. Start low, work your way up. See how your phone runs at 800 or 900mhz then go higher. Mine runs fine at 1.1ghz others do not.

Matt's guide http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ha...rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html#post290134 has an overclocking section too.

So now that you're rooted, was it easier than you thought it would be?
Thanks but I researched hard and tried things that I wasn't sure I was doing right, and even asked more questions to bug other users about it ;)

But I figured out everything and it's quite easy doing everything now! I now have Bugless Beast V1.0 running 1.1 GHZ and I tried other themes and I used scripts.
It runs super smooth and fast, and recommend a try for you (even has a smoked glass theme)

Yeah I understand a lot now but getting over that hill isn't easy, you read all this terminology rubbish and it's just hard to cope to people that were like me.
So I think when I know how to do it with no problem, I think I can make a real easy easy user friendly guide to help those people out more than other guides.

huskur

Reaction score
OK. A little help needed.

I was going to use RSD Lite and flash back to 2.0.1 using the sbf for 2.0.1 (done it before and it worked like a charm) but this time when i click the "..." and select the .sbf file the "start" button is greyed out? The bootloader screen is up on the phone and says its connected on RSD Lite but like i said, the "start" button is greyed out.

Anyone have an idea?