SBF to root and to unroot

Discussion in 'Tech Guides for root users' started by christim, Apr 20, 2010.

1. beatle

beatle New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thanks for your help here. Since the OP stock links don't work I just want to double check that the FRG22D you provided a page back is the one I can use to get back to stock, and then let the OTA's update to latest?

Also, is the FRG83D you provided above the same thing but a newer stock I can use instead? If so, do I need to then use the FRG83G-ota.zip to update, or will the FRG83D.sbf ota update on it's own?

(I'm just trying to find the file I need to get back to stock.)

Thanks again!

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +275
    The full ota should get you back to stock. Normally it is a 77-80MB file.

Otherwise the sbf will do the same but will wipe msgs and the like.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

3. DROIDsys

DROIDsys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help please

I'm trying to get RSD lite 4.6 to flash my phone. Phones been acting weird, certain buttons on the virtual KB won't work forcing me to use the physical one and screen sensitivity is a mess. I tried using different roms/kernals but the problem is still there so I want to reflash my phone.
    I have all the correct drivers installed(64 bit) along with RSD. It sees my phone but when I pick the sbf file, the start button doesn't light up. I have the sbf in the root of my C: drive and I run the program as an admin but it still refuses to work.

I'm not a noob at this per say. Been using custom roms, recoveries, kernals for a while now and never had a reason to use RSD. Just figures that now when I need it, I can't get it to work :(

Any suggestions?

4. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Try putting a space at the end of the filename, after the .sbf, then delete the space see if the start button lights up.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

5. DROIDsys

DROIDsys Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know why but for some reason it wouldn't recognize the sbf unless I named it to something under 3 characters, and left it on the desktop. Then even after all that it fails saying

It was stuck on "SW Update" but then I hit the spacebar by accident just wondering what I should do next, then it said on my phone "Update Complete" and it reset.

It still reflashed it back to stock so as far as I'm concerned it did the job.
    The problem didn't go away so no matter what I have to send it for replacement, but at least I know it might not necessarily be the software.

Wouldn't have figured any of it out without the help of all the people here and the threads. Thanks again

6. cherylhandy

cherylhandy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reflashing Motorola Droid X back to Verizon from Metro

I have purchased a Motorola Droid X off Craigslist I didn't find out til a couple hours later that the phone had been flashed to Metro PCS. I called and spoke to Metro asking them if they could switch it back or whatever needs to be done for it to be used back on the Verizon network, and I was told that there is no way and it will never work on or with any other cell service other than Metro. Knowing there is always a way around most everything I figure they are telling me that for obvious reasons (to stay with them). Is there a way to reflash it back to Verizon? If so (again I am new to this but quick learner) can someone tell me or direct me to a how to on the subject? Thanks so much in advance for your help.:motdroidvert:

7. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Wouldn't just an sbf to stock droid x solve it? Funny how some people want to go to metro and you want to go to back to verizon...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

8. cherylhandy

cherylhandy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel certain I made the statement that I traded a metro phone for this droid x phone which was flashed to metro and not by me either. I did restore it back to factory and it works great. I wish I could say the same for Verizon and their billing system since my first bill which is for all of 12 days is for $335.51 damn I mean really wtf is that bout anyways I get this resolved with no help or advise or ill be going my butt right back to metro with the quickness. Thanks for the help for those who responded with helpful advise it worked and I love the phone just as I knew I would.

9. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Assuming a D1 here... Use Terminal to remove SU, then download and flash the "full" update for (preferably) the latest official version of the software. Factory reset before and after the flash -- you should be clean and ready to return the phone.

10. teddyearp

teddyearp Senior Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Current Phone Model:
    Motorola XT1103 (Nexus 6)
    OMG, FBM is back!

Anyways, eppey1 if you need anymore help, I am sure you can find it in one of my guides. It has become harder to directly link my guides with this site and my new router, but go to the A855 guide link in my sig, then search in 'advanced guides' then you should find one to unroot without RSD lite.

good luck

Search tags for this page

droid 1 sbf

how to apply themes for unrooted android phones
root phone sbf
root sbf
root.sbf
sbf
sbf recovery sbf complete root

sbf root

sbf rooteado
sbf to root and unroot