SBF to root and to unroot

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try putting a space at the end of the filename, after the .sbf, then delete the space see if the start button lights up.

Sent from a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, from my hTc Thunderbolt

DROIDsys

Reaction score
I don't know why but for some reason it wouldn't recognize the sbf unless I named it to something under 3 characters, and left it on the desktop. Then even after all that it fails saying

Line: 587
ERROR: Flash failure: Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE003003F Address: 0x150000 Command: ADDR (Error Code: e003003f),
It was stuck on "SW Update" but then I hit the spacebar by accident just wondering what I should do next, then it said on my phone "Update Complete" and it reset.

It still reflashed it back to stock so as far as I'm concerned it did the job.
The problem didn't go away so no matter what I have to send it for replacement, but at least I know it might not necessarily be the software.

Wouldn't have figured any of it out without the help of all the people here and the threads. Thanks again

cherylhandy

Reaction score
Reflashing Motorola Droid X back to Verizon from Metro

I have purchased a Motorola Droid X off Craigslist I didn't find out til a couple hours later that the phone had been flashed to Metro PCS. I called and spoke to Metro asking them if they could switch it back or whatever needs to be done for it to be used back on the Verizon network, and I was told that there is no way and it will never work on or with any other cell service other than Metro. Knowing there is always a way around most everything I figure they are telling me that for obvious reasons (to stay with them). Is there a way to reflash it back to Verizon? If so (again I am new to this but quick learner) can someone tell me or direct me to a how to on the subject? Thanks so much in advance for your help.:motdroidvert:

comk4ver

Reaction score
Wouldn't just an sbf to stock droid x solve it? Funny how some people want to go to metro and you want to go to back to verizon...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cherylhandy

Reaction score
Wouldn't just an sbf to stock droid x solve it? Funny how some people want to go to metro and you want to go to back to verizon...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I feel certain I made the statement that I traded a metro phone for this droid x phone which was flashed to metro and not by me either. I did restore it back to factory and it works great. I wish I could say the same for Verizon and their billing system since my first bill which is for all of 12 days is for $335.51 damn I mean really wtf is that bout anyways I get this resolved with no help or advise or ill be going my butt right back to metro with the quickness. Thanks for the help for those who responded with helpful advise it worked and I love the phone just as I knew I would.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Assuming a D1 here... Use Terminal to remove SU, then download and flash the "full" update for (preferably) the latest official version of the software. Factory reset before and after the flash -- you should be clean and ready to return the phone.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
OMG, FBM is back!

Anyways, eppey1 if you need anymore help, I am sure you can find it in one of my guides. It has become harder to directly link my guides with this site and my new router, but go to the A855 guide link in my sig, then search in 'advanced guides' then you should find one to unroot without RSD lite.

good luck