Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I tried out the new sprecovery .sbf file last night, and it would appear that USB Storage does not work on it. I was on a Windows 7 32 bit laptop that I use for everything, same usb port I always use, worked fine when I flashed the old ese81_sprecovery.sbf. Has anybody else had this issue?

All is well. Not sure what happened on the first go around, but evidently it was an isolated incident. I downloaded and flashed it again, tested on all three of my Windows 7 machines, and it worked just fine.
Glad to hear it! Sometimes stuff needs a little time to gel. Just remember, this is Frozen Yogurt we're dealing with. It has to chill long enough to freeze. :)

mcalhoun

Reaction score
As for having issues with SPRecovery, a good friend and I had problems recently rooting his D1. Until his phone I couldn't imagine anyone having issues with rooting and installing ROMs. Issues we saw was as follows.

Nandroid errors 31 and 20 when trying to do backup and restore (simple or advanced). Error mounting /dev/block/mccblk* messages when doing anything in Nandroid.

What we tried:
Formatting SD card, reloading SPRecovery from 2 different laptops (both running Windoze 7 which, by the way, was his idea)LOL.
We pulled my SD card and put it in his phone, which allowed a backup no problem but when rebooted it wouldn't recognize my card in his phone.
Then I installed a "virginOEM2.1" ROM I had using the "update.zip" method which worked flawlessly.
Rooted and installed a custom ROM with no further drama.

Notes: his stock ROM version was "2.1 update" from stock, while mine was just "2.1" under phone info.
The phone evidently "marks" SD cards.(not sure if there's any gold nuggets there)
Used the same SPRecovery.SBF from months back.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Sent from my Droid

D

Dragon3463

is this for the x or the droid 1. stupid question probably...lol

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
is this for the x or the droid 1. stupid question probably...lol
post_old.gif
04-20-2010, 09:44 PM

Taken from the top of the OP for post date.

If Christim had a Droid X in April and didn't share, he'd be lynched.

D

Dragon3463

I'm Bad.....Didn't look at the date on the first post...LMAO....Oh well, scattered brain here sometimes...lol

segdoh49

Reaction score
cornfused )(*$^$&^(&*

Ok here it goes, and I hope it will make some sense. I have been reading through numerious threads on rooting and unrooting the do's and don'ts, the good and bad, and the more I read the more cornfused I seem to get.
So to start I'm going to state my setup on
Droid1...
2.2 rooted (easy Root) no mods stock FRO1B-OTA ( except for a little OC with no Kernals, so 800 is my max)
OK, so a little history
Prior to getting the 2.2 OTA I had installed SPRecovery, then nandroid backed up, then I decided to get the OTA and couldn't, (you all know why) so I went back to 2.01 (lost all my apps) had them backed up to sd/backups but couldn't install some of them, no biggie, cause the data was lost also. then I let the OTA take over no problems with the 2.2 update. Then I purchase Easy Root and rooted. Everything ok !.
So here's the delimma I really would like to be able to use SPRecovery but understand it is unstable with 2.2. Now with Rom manager v2.0.2.5 installed I could use Clockwork Recovery v 2.5.0.1 (not installed) but I read that it too is somewhat unstable. I would like to use SPRecovery and the version in Rom manager is D.99.3b. But fear Installing it because of the issues forementioned. So after all that BS let me ask some Questions...
1. If I install Clockwork could I then recover my nandroid backup I made after I installed SPR and would I then be back to 2.1 update1 with SPR.
Which is where I made my backup, as instructed in the writeup.
and in so doing will I loose the apps Iv'e installed since the backup ?
This may bring more questions depending on the answers so I'll stop there.
One last note....If and when I do get back to the previous load 2.1 with SPR. I should be able to go to 2.2 using the SPR method. Is the SPRecovery then stable for further use ? Because it was installed @ the 2.1. So I'll just stop there for now.

segdoh49

Reaction score
Read the whole thing 5 times (little slow sometimes).
SO.... what I got out of it was, that even being @2.2 rooted (easy root) if I do this proceedure as explained I will still be @ 2.2 rooted with busybox and SPRecovery as the bootloader. and the MotoCache1_complete_Root_v1.1 file will not change anything on my phone. SO should I wish to unroot (probably unable to use the unroot of 'easyroot' ) I will have to go back to 2.01 again and start from scratch. Right???
Oh and thanks for the quick reply furbear

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Read the whole thing 5 times (little slow sometimes).
SO.... what I got out of it was, that even being @2.2 rooted (easy root) if I do this proceedure as explained I will still be @ 2.2 rooted with busybox and SPRecovery as the bootloader. and the MotoCache1_complete_Root_v1.1 file will not change anything on my phone. SO should I wish to unroot (probably unable to use the unroot of 'easyroot' ) I will have to go back to 2.01 again and start from scratch. Right???
Oh and thanks for the quick reply furbear
If you wish to unroot the best method is to install the FRG01B update, preferably the larger file. You will have a stock, unrooted, stock recovery, FRG01B phone. At that point you will need to uninstall Superuser Permissions and any other root-only app you have manually, but you will have a stock phone. The phone will then update normally via the OTA push to whatever version you currently don't have. If you wish to wipe your phone clean, which if it's going in for service you probably want to do, you will need to flash the 2.0.1 or 2.1 or 2.2 SBF file via RSD Lite to completely blank and stock your phone.

D

Dragon3463

can you root the x with the ota 2.2 leaked...I wasn't rooted before...Just curious...

segdoh49

Reaction score
Ok I pulled it of....Now I would like to update to FRG22D. I see there is a file floating around called petes P3 although i couldn't download it from the link given. Is there another option at this time or should I just wait for further development. What the consensis .....
And when you get a OTA nag for this update, and I understand it is coming. What is the best way to get rid of the nag ?

And by the way thanks to all thoes who had input..It went really smoothe (except for catching the bootloader, 3rd times a charm) Every thing was as it was before the proceedure...didn' loose a thing except for a few brain cells.........

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ok I pulled it of....Now I would like to update to FRG22D. I see there is a file floating around called petes P3 although i couldn't download it from the link given. Is there another option at this time or should I just wait for further development. What the consensis .....
And when you get a OTA nag for this update, and I understand it is coming. What is the best way to get rid of the nag ?

And by the way thanks to all thoes who had input..It went really smoothe (except for catching the bootloader, 3rd times a charm) Every thing was as it was before the proceedure...didn' loose a thing except for a few brain cells.........
This thread might help you.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

0chilly

Reaction score

if you're on a stock rooted rom now, you will still probably get the nag. afaik, the only way to "disable" that would be to install a custom rooted rom, but i haven't seen an frg22d that's naked, except for disabling the nag. you could try a custom rom that disables the nag and more though! if you're leaning towards trying out a custom rom, i'm really impressed with liquid frozen yogurt 1.5 - but you will have to install rom manager from market, then let it flash clockworkmod recovery, or else use sprecovery plus another program adp or something to manually format partitions... anyway, lfy1.5 is basically stock look and feel with a lot of optimizations.

gl :)