SBF to root and to unroot

brosenberger

Reaction score
First, I want to say thank you very much for your set of instructions here. I followed step 4 and did not seem to have any problems. Phone restarted and is currently in

Firmware version: 2.0.1
Basebrand version: C_01.3E.01P
Kernal Version: 2.6.29-omap1-gOdd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
Build Number: ESD56

My problem is that when i woke up this morning my phone said that there was an update, I clicked the install button and it restarted. It looked like it was installing when it stopped and went to the Yield sign with the exclamation. It sat there for about 10 mins when i decided to restart the phone. It loaded back into 2.0.1 like normal and when i tell it to check for updates it tells me that i am up to date.

I also can not get it to connect to any wireless networks what-so-ever.
Please help,

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
"Failed flashing process. 0x7100; phone connected"
Relax. Just unplug your phone from your computer. Turn it off. Turn it on. Let it just boot normally and be patient while it does so.

Oh, and never try to root or install kernals and ROMs without a charged battery.

I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post. :icon_evil:

thanks for nothing droidforums.

That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.

First, I want to say thank you very much for your set of instructions here. I followed step 4 and did not seem to have any problems. Phone restarted and is currently in

Firmware version: 2.0.1
Basebrand version: C_01.3E.01P
Kernal Version: 2.6.29-omap1-gOdd7e0b android-build@apa26 #511
Build Number: ESD56

My problem is that when i woke up this morning my phone said that there was an update, I clicked the install button and it restarted. It looked like it was installing when it stopped and went to the Yield sign with the exclamation. It sat there for about 10 mins when i decided to restart the phone. It loaded back into 2.0.1 like normal and when i tell it to check for updates it tells me that i am up to date.

I also can not get it to connect to any wireless networks what-so-ever.
Please help,

When the update hit your phone your rebooted and needed you to get into recovery so it could install the update. This happens sometimes on OTA updates. When you rebooted it deleted the update file, so if you want 2.2 now you'll need to either wait for it to get pushed to you again or manually install an update. If you choose to manually install an update, the instructions are available in many locations, but for the file I'd suggest the larger one from the circus thread in the news section. Good luck and if you need more help, let us know.

OP
christim

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've updated the first post of this thread again. Links no longer worked and how to get to those files has been explained in each Option Step. A note at the top lets folks know potential issues the post was written pre 2.2 and also provides a link to the thread MotoCache1 started.

KevinX

Reaction score
After a long period of running BB, I thought it would be time to go for a new look. Liquid Forozen Yogurt was calling my name, so I thought a quick change of update.zip, and I would be good to go.

The first issue that I had was that rebooting with X pressed no longer worked. It would continue you to recycle until I released the X key, and then it would boot normally. Not a problem, I would use RSD and reload SPReovery and go that route. RSD would fail when I tried to load the 2.1 firmware in place.

So still running BB 0.4, still being harangued by the update to 2.2 from Verizon, and can't figure out how to get back SPRecovery to load my latest, greatest ROM... Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure about the cause of your problem, but maybe you could also try flashing Clockwork.
Rom Manager from the market will automatically download and attempt to flash Clockwork. If it happens to work correctly the app will also allow you to revert back to SPRecovery just as easily.

But I'm not an expert, so if anybody knows the real solution or thinks this may cause a problem please comment.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
Relax. Just unplug your phone from your computer. Turn it off. Turn it on. Let it just boot normally and be patient while it does so.

Oh, and never try to root or install kernals and ROMs without a charged battery.

I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first post. :icon_evil:

That information has been posted in numerous locations numerous times. If you neglected to do your research before attempting something that has warning signs posted over and around it to the point only an idiot would attempt what you and I and many others have done then the problem is yours. Ever hear the phrase "user error"? We have no control over that, only the user in question.

If you would like more help, please be patient and post questions and answers that do not attack the people trying to help. If not, there are other forums that might prove more to your temperament.

I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

Doesn't matter anymore, I brought it to verizon, they popped in another battery and my root is gone finally. Doesn't even matter anyway, because I'm now running the Incredible which doesn't even need to be rooted because it's already ..."Incredible".

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

Doesn't matter anymore, I brought it to verizon, they popped in another battery and my root is gone finally. Doesn't even matter anyway, because I'm now running the Incredible which doesn't even need to be rooted because it's already ..."Incredible".

You my friend, need help. You were "told" to got to the OP of this thread and you'll have all the info? Do you just blindly do what people tell you to do? Maybe you should have done a smidge of homework or ask someone in the RS if there is anything you should do before trying to mod a expensive piece of electroincs.

Don't blame DF this is the best Android forum on the internet.

---end of rant

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
I did all that. and Yeh that battery information could have been helpful on the first ****in post. :icon_evil:

I usually try to stay out of these things, but Duke, honestly, now that you've got an incredible phone that you can use "as is", if I were you, I'd go to the DroidForums.net customer service desk, demand a refund of all of the money you've paid for the crappy support you got here, and cancel your account. That'll show 'em.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

I usually try to stay out of these things, but Duke, honestly, now that you've got an incredible phone that you can use "as is", if I were you, I'd go to the DroidForums.net customer service desk, demand a refund of all of the money you've paid for the crappy support you got here, and cancel your account. That'll show 'em.
Couldn't have put it better myself, MotoCache. Thanks.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score

. I was told to go to 1 thread and it had all the information I needed for help. If it was such important information, it would BE IN THE THREAD I WENT TO. I don't live on these forums, nor do I load roms on a weekly basis. Countless posts of mine have gone unanswered and just get buried by other passerbyers. It's not until I make a scene that I finally get a response...

You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it? And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I. I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score

You my friend, need help. You were "told" to got to the OP of this thread and you'll have all the info? Do you just blindly do what people tell you to do? Maybe you should have done a smidge of homework or ask someone in the RS if there is anything you should do before trying to mod a expensive piece of electroincs.

Don't blame DF this is the best Android forum on the internet.

---end of rant

Looks like you're all coming out of the woodwork now. I'm not blaming anything. I'm putting in criticism where it desperately is needed.

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it?
I'm certain that I have no business deciding whether or not you sound stupid.

And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I . I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.
I can't speak for others, but I'm just wishing you well. A quick search of your posts indicates that you are going to be much happier now that you're moving on.

zakany

Reaction score
I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to set off another poster - my intention was the opposite. I apologize.

I, also, especially appreciate the work MC1 did in tracking down and solving an issue that he didn't have. MC1 did that for me, and others like me. Further, he described what he was doing and what he had found, so that we could all contribute and learn.

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
You're funny. But I already had the incredible and wanted to get my Moto Droid back to stock so I could sell it. Doesn't sound so stupid now that you have all the information does it?
I'm certain that I have no business deciding whether or not you sound stupid.

And again, as I already pointed out, I asked and asked and asked and got nothing until I. I don't need anymore help. So you can all stop replying to my posts. KThxBi.
I can't speak for others, but I'm just wishing you well. A quick search of your posts indicates that you are going to be much happier now that you're moving on.

What does my post history have to do with being happy? Are you so inclined to get the last word in that you feel the need to insult me? Just drop it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks, my sense is this issue has gone as far as necessary. No additional comments are warranted!

Mike

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I tried out the new sprecovery .sbf file last night, and it would appear that USB Storage does not work on it. I was on a Windows 7 32 bit laptop that I use for everything, same usb port I always use, worked fine when I flashed the old ese81_sprecovery.sbf. Has anybody else had this issue?

All is well. Not sure what happened on the first go around, but evidently it was an isolated incident. I downloaded and flashed it again, tested on all three of my Windows 7 machines, and it worked just fine.