sbf question

havens1515

Reaction score
Sorry if I sound like a noob here, but I have some questions about sbf before I start.

To start, let me say that I have sbf'd before, but it was a while ago, and I've only done it once.

I've been reading a lot about sbf, and have seen all over the place about bootloader D2.35 and D2.37. I have seen that some people have been having problems with sbfing from D2.37. That being said, I checked last night and I found that I have D2.37.

I want to sbf and load CM7, but I want to make sure that I have ALL necessary files before I start, because I don't want to be without a phone for an extended period of time. I have the 2.3.320 sbf that I used before, but I'm seeing (and I have told some others based on the info that I read) that you need a file to get from D2.37 back to D2.35 before using the 2.3.320 sbf file.

Does anyone have a RELIABLE link to this sbf file? And is there any other tips/suggestions/whatever that anyone can offer me before I get started? I'm kinda nervous about doing this because, as I said before, I don't want to be without a phone for an extended period of time.

OH! And one last thing.... the team black hat app that provides an sbf zip... will that work if I have D2.37?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need SBF 2.3.20 for the D2. Also, there is no difference in SBF'ing whether you're on 2.35 or 2.37.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
havens1515

havens1515

Reaction score
OK, I just checked the file, it is 2.3.20 that I have, not 2.3.320.

after booting into the bootloader last night, I thought that I remembered seeing D2.37 last time I sbf'd but I wasn't sure. Thanks for your input, maybe I'll try it tonight and finally get some CM7 love! :D