SBF on Droid 2 Global...

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
Hi, so I bricked my D2G last weekend :(

Anyways, on my desktop, I downloaded and saved the SBF file on my computer. I also downloaded RSD 5.5

Since my phone is bricked, it does not get past the "Motorola Logo" on turning on. How do I get the RSD 5.5 to detect my phone?

I usb my phone to my compter, but RSD 5.5 still doesn't recognize it.

What should I do?

Btw, I connect my phone to the compter when it is in bootloader mode (The thing where you turn on the phone, while holding "Power" and "X". Then hitting the search key to view the options).

Any help with solving this problem would be most appreciated :)

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
First... Have though updated all the drivers? That is oftentimes a problem!

Second... That's not the bootloader, that is recovery. The bootloader will be a black screen with some white text with technical stuff and says "ok to program." I'm not sure how to enter it on a D2 though. Hopefully someone will stop in and enlighten us! :)

OP
T

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
How exactly do I update the drivers? I have a windows 7 computer.

OP
T

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
First... Have though updated all the drivers? That is oftentimes a problem!

Second... That's not the bootloader, that is recovery. The bootloader will be a black screen with some white text with technical stuff and says "ok to program." I'm not sure how to enter it on a D2 though. Hopefully someone will stop in and enlighten us! :)

actually... Thanks for pointing that out. Now I understand the difference between recovery and bootloader.

Whenever I connected the USB, I was in that recovery mode. Hopefully switching to bootloader will connect. Ill try that in a few hours and I'll give an update.

Thanks for the help. :)

OP
T

TheBattousaixx

Reaction score
actually... Thanks for pointing that out. Now I understand the difference between recovery and bootloader.

Whenever I connected the USB, I was in that recovery mode. Hopefully switching to bootloader will connect. Ill try that in a few hours and I'll give an update.

Thanks for the help. :)

It worked! Ty :)

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Hi, so I bricked my D2G last weekend :(

Anyways, on my desktop, I downloaded and saved the SBF file on my computer. I also downloaded RSD 5.5

Since my phone is bricked, it does not get past the "Motorola Logo" on turning on. How do I get the RSD 5.5 to detect my phone?

I usb my phone to my compter, but RSD 5.5 still doesn't recognize it.

What should I do?

Btw, I connect my phone to the compter when it is in bootloader mode (The thing where you turn on the phone, while holding "Power" and "X". Then hitting the search key to view the options).

Any help with solving this problem would be most appreciated :)

also stock recovery has changed with Gingerbread (4.5.607/ 4.5.608)
read the FAQs thread and droid wiki