SBF Mess Big Time

maderschramm

Reaction score
No way man, we all learn something new every day. For instance, I just now realized my wife emptied my wallet this morning. Who's the idiot now? LOL :)

GMB

haha thats hilarious....hey is there a quick way to find out what BL you are on??

Power off your DX and hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time while you press and hold the power button. Screen should flash and when you let go it will be in bootloader. Press power to reboot when you are done.

GMB

No man, it's volume down and camera while holding power...unless your way works too.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
haha thats hilarious....hey is there a quick way to find out what BL you are on??

Power off your DX and hold the volume up and down buttons at the same time while you press and hold the power button. Screen should flash and when you let go it will be in bootloader. Press power to reboot when you are done.

GMB

No man, it's volume down and camera while holding power...unless your way works too.

Some times you gotta just try it before you post :p Either way works.

GMB

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
Thats because the idoctors instructions are a complete copy/paste rip off of Team Black Hats newest leak that updates bootloader to 30.04. Unfortunately the state your device is in is a known issue with this release and you are SOL until they release a full SBF. Sorry :(

GMB

GMB, thanks for the info. I'm SOL for sure. I do wish people wouldn't give info that will total you out. Yeah use this it will fix you right up.............sure. Guess it all depends on what you mean buy fixing you up.

BTW, I had a wife that wanted to know why I had $3200 in my wallet. I told her, "A better question is, What the hell are you doing in my Wallet?" She was smart enough not to remove anything. That was wife #2.

Oh, and thanks soooooooooooo much for the miss information idoc.

You know it gets harder every day to find some one you can trust.

GrandMasterB

Reaction score

theidoctor

Reaction score
If you did the directions for the leak, then that is the one that tbh provided. If you used the sbf for dummies directions than you are using froyo 2.2 and should not mess up the phone. If your on bootloader, then you need to finish the sbg process by pressing start on rsd lite and let it flash to your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

jdhas

Reaction score

Valle

Reaction score
Quick question, not to change the subject here, but my system version reads 2.3.20 not 2.3.320. Is there another leaked version out i haven't seen? If i have to SBF what file should i be using?

theidoctor

Reaction score
Your system is correct. The one that ends in 320 is the leak. Tpu want the one that's 20

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
E

ergon

Reaction score
If you did the directions for the leak, then that is the one that tbh provided. If you used the sbf for dummies directions than you are using froyo 2.2 and should not mess up the phone. If your on bootloader, then you need to finish the sbg process by pressing start on rsd lite and let it flash to your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX

I utilized the one you posted and had stated from the beginning that I was on 1.8.9 not the leak which would be 1.9.3. I you didn't read the post from the start why give suggestions as how to fix a problem you don't know the details of.

jdhas

Reaction score
That's good advice.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
um......actually, the 2.2 Froyo (2.3.15) bootloader is version 30.04. I'm looking at it right now.

I'd re-sbf (using my guide :laugh:)

No its not. Maybe if you have a refurbed droid then yes, that is a known problem. Otherwise its 30.03

GMB

Ok I'm a little bit confused. Android system info says I have the 30.04 bootloader (I'm rooted with stock, my original backup of my system.) My phone is brand new (got it a week ago). Would I run into problems if I try to update to the leak?

GrandMasterB

Reaction score
um......actually, the 2.2 Froyo (2.3.15) bootloader is version 30.04. I'm looking at it right now.

I'd re-sbf (using my guide :laugh:)

No its not. Maybe if you have a refurbed droid then yes, that is a known problem. Otherwise its 30.03

GMB

Ok I'm a little bit confused. Android system info says I have the 30.04 bootloader (I'm rooted with stock, my original backup of my system.) My phone is brand new (got it a week ago). Would I run into problems if I try to update to the leak?

What I am telling you is based on the MDW thread that I have been following since the beginning. I am in no way affiliated with MDW and I only offer you my insight. They are thinking its possible that new or refurbed devices that come with the 30.04 Bootloader already on it may be bricking when flashing the update. That is one of the variables they are looking at.

GMB

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

GMB

What I am telling you is based on the MDW thread that I have been following since the beginning. I am in no way affiliated with MDW and I only offer you my insight. They are thinking its possible that new or refurbed devices that come with the 30.04 Bootloader already on it may be bricking when flashing the update. That is one of the variables they are looking at.

GMB

Well damn lol. Thanks for posting that bootloader comment you may have saved me a huge nightmare trying to flash it! I think I'll stay away just a bit longer until something concrete turns up.