SBF for Droid 4

ampersandman

Reaction score
Is this available? I need to unbrick. Any ideas? I deleted some things I shouldn't have. Need to get them back. Am I screwed?

Sparkimus

Reaction score
There isn't one available yet unfortunately. I'm in the same boat though. I'm using my old Droid until one leaks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

r314bd

Reaction score
Droid 4 SBF/Fastboot files and installation instructions can be found here

OP
A

ampersandman

Reaction score
Check out my post in the hacks forum. It's more detailed.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Sounds like the good news is your phone still boots and works for the most part. What I would do in your situation is install safestrap and then install either the Stock Motoblur ROM or one of the ICS ROMs to your safe system. At lease that way you will have a functioning system until someone (hopefully) releases some D4 fastboot files.

OP
A

ampersandman

Reaction score
Thanks, didn't check that topic. What's fastboot? Does that have to do with un-rooting?

DJMike

Reaction score
Hey, on this topic, I found this website claiming to have a Droid 4 sbf. Since trying to find the sbf for this phone seems to be very difficult (unless I have missed something) I thought I should post this here. If anyone could verify weather or not it is legit would be great. I want to switch the from on my phone, but not until I know i have a way back in case I brick. Here is the link to the site.

Droid-Developers SBF

Thanks again.

r314bd

Reaction score
Hey, on this topic, I found this website claiming to have a Droid 4 sbf. Since trying to find the sbf for this phone seems to be very difficult (unless I have missed something) I thought I should post this here. If anyone could verify weather or not it is legit would be great. I want to switch the from on my phone, but not until I know i have a way back in case I brick. Here is the link to the site.

Droid-Developers SBF

Thanks again.
Yes those are legit (they are called fastboot files now rather than sbf files, which is probably why you had trouble finding them.) We have a few threads about it here at DF as well. Here is the stickied thread with instructions on how to flash them.

DJMike

Reaction score
Wow.... I feel like a dunce. Lolz. I'm coming from d1/d2 mods when they still called them sbf. Thanks for the tip. Ill check out the whole thing and prolly be flashing latter this week. I'm so anxious to get rid of the MOTOBLUR! Thanks again for the info.