Sbf flash failure

rjl

Reaction score
Or it could be hardware related. God forbid that you exchange the phone with CLN from VZW. It's hit or miss with those guys. Did your camera problem start at time of purchase or later down the road? I have been lucky with mine; just hope it lasts till my next upgrade.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

It started - I believe - when I manually installed 901. I cannot be 100% certain, as I did not test the camera right before the install, but it had worked every time I had used it prior, the last time being maybe a couple of days before 901. And prior to that, I hadn't really tinkered around with the phone, ever. No root, no other leaked updates. I don't even think I had updated any of my installed apps for a bit. And no physical trauma, which is why I figure it to be software-related, and likely the update, as that was the only recent activity aside from "normal" use (e-mail, shopping, web browsing).

Since I have backups, I am not opposed to extreme measures - so if I can just flash via RSDLite to, say, an 893 FXZ file, as I've been reading, I can see if that fixes it (if it does what it sounds like it does... true/total reset to stock 893). And if not, I guess I just un-freeze, un-root, and let VZW deal with it, chalking it up as hardware failure.

rjl

Reaction score
Hm. Looks like it's likely a hardware issue... Flashed the 893 FXZ and the net result is the same as the factory data reset. "Cameria is unable to initialize".

Back to Verizon it goes. Oh well.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
You have did all the steps I would have done. Good luck on your replacement. Keep me posted. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums