Sbf flash failure

toyosup88

Reaction score
I'm trying to use rsdlite to restore my phone back to factory and it keeps failing on the first step. I downloaded the full file which was 685mb and rsdlite 5.6. It uncompresses fine but fails as soon as it goes to flash it. I'm on 5.5.893 but I have been on 5.7.893 and 5.9.901 before (used p3Droids one-click). Any help getting it to flash would be appreciated :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Rsdlite will not work with 7.893 and 901. You can find the threads that will get you back to 886

OP
toyosup88

toyosup88

Reaction score
Rsdlite will not work with 7.893 and 901. You can find the threads that will get you back to 886

So it won't work if i'm on 5.5.893 either?

CBMGGM

Reaction score
I tried the 5.5.893 as well; it crashed on me too. As far as I know flashing with Rsdlite only works on the stock 886 build. I would suggest using Pete's 1 click method to get back to stock.

OP
toyosup88

toyosup88

Reaction score
I tried the 5.5.893 as well; it crashed on me too. As far as I know flashing with Rsdlite only works on the stock 886 build. I would suggest using Pete's 1 click method to get back to stock.

I flashed back to 886 last night and have the same problem... I gave up... I let the ota install and im leaving it alone now lol

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Were you successful getting back to 886?
Are you currently rooted? Is there a reason why you want to revert back from 901? 901 is the most stable build right now; just wondering.....

OP
toyosup88

toyosup88

Reaction score
Were you successful getting back to 886?
Are you currently rooted? Is there a reason why you want to revert back from 901? 901 is the most stable build right now; just wondering.....

Yeah I got to 886 just fine. When I was on 901 I had constant 4g drops. 5.5.893 had barely any so I went back.

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Interesting. It just shows that Moto's phones behave differently. Glad you were able to get back to stock. On a good note 902 test update went out earlier this week. 5 or so leaks later...... Makes you wonder if 4G is worth it. Maybe Apple is on to something by waiting to add 4G to their phones

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Better to stay unrooted for now. Let Moto and the Dev's work out the wrinkles.

OP
toyosup88

toyosup88

Reaction score
Yeah i'm done messing with it now. I'll just sit and wait patiently for ICS lol

rjl

Reaction score

I'm hoping to truly revert to stock to fix my hosed camera (noticed it dead after installing 901, non-rooted; currently at 893 thank to the 1-click PathSaver), and flash w/RSDLite and the 5.5.893 FXZ. Are you saying that I can't flash 5.5.893 from 5.5.893? If not, then maybe it's back to the drawing board. As I have some issues persisting after 1-clicking my way back to 886 (and ultimately 893), and even persisted after a user data reset (so it looks like a system issue, and not, say, a rogue app). Thanks!

CBMGGM

Reaction score
The camera issue is a persistent little bugger. It affects some phones differently. I personally have not liked Moto's cameras; not their strong suit. Just hang in there. 4G phones all have their problems; let's just hope ICS is the magic bullet. Take care :)

rjl

Reaction score
The camera issue is a persistent little bugger. It affects some phones differently. I personally have not liked Moto's cameras; not their strong suit. Just hang in there. 4G phones all have their problems; let's just hope ICS is the magic bullet. Take care :)

Oh, so others have had this issue - not just that the camera sofwar was subpar, but that it flat out doesn't work? When it did work, a 3rd party camera app helped (to a point), but now the camera is totally hosed - the stock app shows "unable to initialize", and ZoomFX can't find the camera hardware. Even reverting to 886, then to 893, via the 1-click PathSaver didn't fix that. Nor did a reset (i.e. all apps and user data wiped). So this tells me that it's broken on a deeper, system level that the updates aren't touching.

(Just a guess.)

CBMGGM

Reaction score
Or it could be hardware related. God forbid that you exchange the phone with CLN from VZW. It's hit or miss with those guys. Did your camera problem start at time of purchase or later down the road? I have been lucky with mine; just hope it lasts till my next upgrade.