sbf flash and pop up for update still coming???

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by actngrezy, Apr 3, 2010.

1. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I did a sbf flash for my friends who bought his droid and the verizon tech did the update for him when he switched his contacts over which we told the saleman dont do the update and of course he said oh we dont do that you will get it when you get it. well I flashed the phone to 2.0.1 using sbf and then rooted his phone but the update popped back up, then clicked install later and installed sprecovery then update popped up again well I then procedded to install bb v9 and it got stuck at the moto sign tried to perfrom restore to the back up I made but got stuck at moto again, then again tried to back up to original back up provided in the instructions and nothign it kept getting stuck at moto sign so i had to flash his phone again with sbf which worked and as soon as it rebooted pop up came back again toinstall 2.1 which i belive that the 2.1 update file was still on phone or sdcard somewhere which the verizon tech put it so that might have been causing the conflict but I cant find where the file is to take it off....I have heard of others reflashing down to 2.0.1 from 2.1 but their update came from ota not from the verizon tech what is the difference and is it possible to delete what verizon guy put on there I just need to figure out the name and location of file im guessing?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    My eyes are hurting from reading your very long paragraph :) But to answer your question, if it's got 2.1 OTA you will have to wait until 2.1 gets rooted to do anything about it.
  3. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah sorry about that long just wanted to five all the info so people knew the situation. But thank you. I wasnt sure because i saw some people had used sbf after getting the 2.1 update but wasnt sure if the way he got it was different. But thanks again.