SBF File, RSD Lite/Drivers And Instructions

carbfrze

Reaction score
going back to stock via SBF?

Hello,
I read through the inital post and have a question. I am going to be selling my droid x2 and want to unroot it and return it back to stock. I originally rooted using Gingerbreak with v6 supercharger and sd speed increase. I followed directions and ran the Unroot option after removing all root software minus superuser and gingerbreak. I am now back to the original froyo but must have missed something as I am not able to install the OTA Gingerbread update. However, all of my apps and custom settings are gone.
I simply want to know if I can follow the directions on the first page with the RSDLite and install the original Froyo SBF? And should I back up the data I have on my microSD card or not worry about it?
please let me know.
Thanks

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I read through the inital post and have a question. I am going to be selling my droid x2 and want to unroot it and return it back to stock. I originally rooted using Gingerbreak with v6 supercharger and sd speed increase. I followed directions and ran the Unroot option after removing all root software minus superuser and gingerbreak. I am now back to the original froyo but must have missed something as I am not able to install the OTA Gingerbread update. However, all of my apps and custom settings are gone.
I simply want to know if I can follow the directions on the first page with the RSDLite and install the original Froyo SBF? And should I back up the data I have on my microSD card or not worry about it?
please let me know.
Thanks

If you sbf'd you are fine...If your device was on gingerbread when you received from factory, then you'll need to update..but if it was froyo, your good...however, im not too sure about your device obviously, so, just make sure your downloading the proper sbf full file, and not just "system" sbf....I always use droidlife....peace!

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

Heidis

Reaction score
so I'm trying to sbf back to froyo and all...
I go into RSD mode on my phone, and my computer stops seeing it entirely.
I can only get RSDlite to see my phone if it's powered on fully. Can I still roll back to froyo with the phone on? or are there any ideas about why my phone isnt recognized only when I try to boot into rsd?

funny story, when you actually click restart computer (I never saw the little box before) things work flawlessly

Last edited:

carbfrze

Reaction score
thanks!

If you sbf'd you are fine...If your device was on gingerbread when you received from factory, then you'll need to update..but if it was froyo, your good...however, im not too sure about your device obviously, so, just make sure your downloading the proper sbf full file, and not just "system" sbf....I always use droidlife....peace!

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

Thanks yeah I got this running back on Froyo and then did the OTA update to Gingerbread and everything is working fine now.

NWKENT

Reaction score
Thanks "so" much

I understand it's been awhile since this thread..BUT..I wanna thank you very much for all the file(s) downloads and instruction..just recieved my DX2 today..carried my DX for 14 months and loved every moment..reluctant to move on..the DX still works like new..but wanna try an upgrade..anyway..

EVERYTHING worked exactly as you instructed..thanks for your kindness..

Thanks to all you guys here..

U'RE FRIEND..
NWK