SBF Fails on "Switching Device to BP Pass through" and phone won't boot

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Any advice? My phone boots straight to the bootloader, where it reads "Code Corrupt"

RSD Lite recognizes it, but gets stuck on the "Switching Device to BP Pass Through" part and the flash fails.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you getting any other error codes? Latest Moto drivers? What RSDLite ver?

clueless77

Reaction score
I remember I had a heck of a time with sbf on my pro I had a friend that created an image somehow and got it working, I have an sbf but its for froyo I am not sure if there is one for gb

Keep in mind I was super bricked when this happend

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have someone who can potentially assist. I'll get him back or I'll be back with answers.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I still have no idea what caused it or why it happened.

Here's how it went down

1) Use RSD 4.8 to attempt a flash of 2.26.20 after I forgot to wipe data before flashing a ROM and couldnt get it out of bootloop.
2) Flash stopped at "Switching Device to BP Pass Through" part and the flash fails.
3) Tried a couple more times hoping it would work - no dice.
4) Swapped over to my wife's laptop and changed USB cord.
5) Loaded files onto computer from SD card off of my computer.
6) Redid the flash, this time using 2.26.60

....then it worked. Not sure why or how it all happened.

clueless77

Reaction score
well its one of those things man, i cant get a froyo sbf to take on my X but the gb works fine

if you need the update to froyo i can upload it for you and link it

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So it may have been the 2.2.60 flash that did it. hmm.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
So it may have been the 2.2.60 flash that did it. hmm.

20 failed
60 worked

Unfortunately, I didn't use my noggin when "fixing" it and changed all three variables at one time (new SBF, new computer, and new cable).

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I know how freak out mode goes!

Would have been nice to systematically figure it out.

Glad you are all set though!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Any advice? My phone boots straight to the bootloader, where it reads "Code Corrupt"

RSD Lite recognizes it, but gets stuck on the "Switching Device to BP Pass Through" part and the flash fails.

Don't know if this has anything to do with our problem, but when I tried sbf back to 2.26 I had the sbf file on my desktop and RSDLite would recognize the file but would error out. When I moved the sbf file to the root directory (C:\) it worked fine. I read somewhere that it is a function of the version of Windows that you are using...I'm running Vista. Don't know what Windows version is on your computer, your wife's computer or where you had the sbf file, or if any of this has any bearing on your issue. But glad you got it fixed.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Don't know if this has anything to do with our problem, but when I tried sbf back to 2.26 I had the sbf file on my desktop and RSDLite would recognize the file but would error out. When I moved the sbf file to the root directory (C:\) it worked fine. I read somewhere that it is a function of the version of Windows that you are using...I'm running Vista. Don't know what Windows version is on your computer, your wife's computer or where you had the sbf file, or if any of this has any bearing on your issue. But glad you got it fixed.

We both have 7. That's actually another thing I tried when I swapped to her computer. I moved it from desktop to C:/ root.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

GreenRaccoon

Reaction score

Sorry to bump this thread, but +1 on moving the .sdf file to "C:\". I'm still not exactly sure why that worked though. :popped out: Maybe it has something to do with putting it in an administrator's folder instead. By the way, this was for an OG Droid 1 on Windows 7 64 bit (laptop).

vazersecurity

Reaction score

I experienced this just now.

alexhdkn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X
same code corrupt to mee but it says cannot jump or something like that and it fails : Error sending JUMP command