SBF error ive not seen before...

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok so im pretty advanced with this stuff but this has me stumped. I have redownloaded the sbf multiple times, uninstalled/reinstalled Rsd 5.3 and drivers, everything. But I keep getting an error. Rsd sees the device and all. But as soon as I click on the sbf file to load it in Rsd, I get the error "error validating images" in the status column. If I hit start, I get a failed message with error 000007"error. Any ideas? When I download the sbf, I take off the gz at the end so that Rsd can find the file. Is this the problem? Cuz if it is, how do I get Rsd to see a gz file?? Thanks for any help.

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
What are you talking about extracting? Which file? Cuz I've already unpacked everything and installed, ie rsd and drivers. The gz file can't be extracted as far as I know...? Rsd recognizes my phone and everything. In rsd u have columns that say MEID, device, status etc. The status column says the error after I select the sbf file. Am I not understanding what u r suggesting?

D

dankarlinski

Use an older version... I think I have 3.8 or something like that at home. I have heard of the image validation issue with new builds

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

OP
ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Use an older version... I think I have 3.8 or something like that at home. I have heard of the image validation issue with new builds

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

Ah good call. I'll try that tonight....

Goondan9

Reaction score
You do have to unzip the gz for it to work, I've successfully sbf'd my phone a few times. I know you have to use the most recent version of red lite. You can get it from droid forums. I downloaded one from mediafire and who ever uploaded it said it was 5.3.1 even though it said it was 5.0 but it was 5.0 I was having all kinds of problems until I figured that out. You need to doubled check before you take someones word for it.

Sent from my 3rd DROID X2 using DroidForums hope this one works!

Last edited: