SBF error ive not seen before...

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Tech Support' started by ClumsyNinja21, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so im pretty advanced with this stuff but this has me stumped. I have redownloaded the sbf multiple times, uninstalled/reinstalled Rsd 5.3 and drivers, everything. But I keep getting an error. Rsd sees the device and all. But as soon as I click on the sbf file to load it in Rsd, I get the error "error validating images" in the status column. If I hit start, I get a failed message with error 000007"error. Any ideas? When I download the sbf, I take off the gz at the end so that Rsd can find the file. Is this the problem? Cuz if it is, how do I get Rsd to see a gz file?? Thanks for any help.

2. darkspaceboy

darkspaceboy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. ClumsyNinja21

Ratings:
    +0
    What are you talking about extracting? Which file? Cuz I've already unpacked everything and installed, ie rsd and drivers. The gz file can't be extracted as far as I know...? Rsd recognizes my phone and everything. In rsd u have columns that say MEID, device, status etc. The status column says the error after I select the sbf file. Am I not understanding what u r suggesting?

4. dankarlinski

dankarlinski Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Use an older version... I think I have 3.8 or something like that at home. I have heard of the image validation issue with new builds

Sent from my Liberated Droid2 (2.0.1)

5. ClumsyNinja21

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah good call. I'll try that tonight....

6. Goondan9

Goondan9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You do have to unzip the gz for it to work, I've successfully sbf'd my phone a few times. I know you have to use the most recent version of red lite. You can get it from droid forums. I downloaded one from mediafire and who ever uploaded it said it was 5.3.1 even though it said it was 5.0 but it was 5.0 I was having all kinds of problems until I figured that out. You need to doubled check before you take someones word for it.

Sent from my 3rd DROID X2 using DroidForums hope this one works!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011