SBF doesnt fix my DX's problems...

Trippingbawls1

Reaction score
Having some problems with my Droid X. Basically, it wont charge, the camera button wont work, and I dont get data. My phone went from working perfectly to all of these problems shortly after I SBF'd to .340. For more details you can see this thread Ive been typing on in droidxforums:

droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-rescue-squad/24069-help-sbf-didnt-fix-my-problem.html
(Im not OP, but I have same problems as OP. I chime in a few posts down.)

The couple people that have been helping me out there seem like it might be hardware failure, but figured I could use a few more opinions before I get a new phone entirely.

Thanks so much for your help!

leftspin

Reaction score
It's almost certainly a hardware failure. I had VERY similar issues a few months back and it was because of damaged hardware. My recommendation would be to see if you can manage to flash an SBF to get it back to stock unrooted and then take it to Verizon and see if you can get a replacement. I did and thanks to the cheapest insurance plan they offer and a helpful VZW sales associate, I got a brand new replacement DX for like 40 bucks

Of course it also can't hurt to try clearing the cache, factory reset, or just seeing if it's fixed after the SBF but I don't think it will unfortunately. Good luck!

OP
T

Trippingbawls1

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, but the weirdest thing happened. Last night, I was about to go to verizon to see what they would have me do to get a new phone. I put my battery back in my phone, and everything worked again! Its been working for almost 24 straight hours with no problems. The only thing I did was take the battery out of the phone and leave it sit for about 20 hours. Looks like I wont need a warranty claim after all!