SBF Clueless..Please help.

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
Ok I am absolutely clueless as to what I am doing. However, I did manage to unbrick or whatever you call it and ipad so I am pretty sure I should be able to do this. I have no clue what happened to my phone but when I went to use it the other day it had the bootloader message on it. I have tried wiping and rebooting and the phone has started working a couple times but it goes back to bootloader. I am thinking I need to sbf but I have NO clue what sbf I am supposed to use. It has been so long since I rooted my phone but if I had to guess it was probably 6-8 months ago maybe. I don't know if this helps any but it's worth a shot. Any help and suggestions would be MUCH APPRECIATED! Thank you!

Savagerun

Reaction score
Go in your settings then about phone and tell us what your system version is then we can point you in the right direction.
Edit... Are you able to get that info? Don't know whether your phone is at all in working condition.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

leftspin

Reaction score
Unless you've taken the latest system update in the past few weeks, you can use any SBF. If you're able, like Savage said, find out what system version you're on and we'll be able to provide more specifics.

Again, unless you've taken the most recent update it really isn't a problem which SBF file you use, it's only if you've updated in the past few weeks that makes it complicated.

OP
S

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
No I am not able to get into my phone at all...it just instantly goes to bootloader mode. And Leftspin...as far as the new update goes...I have no clue? I am wondering if maybe my phone didn't somehow take the update and that's why it did it?? I know nothing about these things so I am SO thankful for your guys help! I am so stressed and just want my phone back lol. Thanks again!!

OP
S

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
Oh and I have ran some different sbf's. And now I have a message with bootloader that says error A5,70,70,00,1
F......if that helps any? I am on Windows Xp also. Thanks!

leftspin

Reaction score
Oh and I have ran some different sbf's. And now I have a message with bootloader that says error A5,70,70,00,1
F......if that helps any? I am on Windows Xp also. Thanks!

Best bet at this point is to flash the Milestone or .621 SBF to be safe since we can't know which version you were on. I'll be on a few hours longer so if you need more help keep posting back here and I'll reply pretty quickly.

OP
S

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
Thank you so much for replying so quickly. Ok before I saw your last post I had already started an attempt at something I had read on another forum....I should pry stop doing that lol. So I am running 602 on rsd 5.4.4.........does this sound right? I really am starting to think that if anything is gonna work it is gonna be the one you just said though....and I am praying that does! I will let ya know as soon as this one ends what it says. THANKS AGAIN!

OP
S

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
Error getting subscriber unit checksum. Device API error 0xE0040 Command (a bunch more letters and numbers) and then it says phone disconnected. I switched over to another phone so I have a usable phone so is this why I am getting this message? And if so does that mean that this sbf is the right one I just need to switch service back to this phone? Or am I completely lost....which is probably the case :) Thank you!

leftspin

Reaction score
Where did you get that error? Walk me through what you did step by step.

OP
S

sabrinaj106

Reaction score
I ran the sbf 602 file on rsd 5.4.4. It went all the way through and upon completion in the status box of rsd it said failed
flashing process along with the rest of the message I wrote previously. Sorry I am really not smart when it comes to all this
jazz so I hope that is what you need to know....if not please let me know! Thanks!

qrtpounder

Reaction score
Stuck in boot animation! Help?

Hi,

I tried installing Cyanogenmod for my Droid X and now I'm having trouble booting (I had previously successfully installed it but was installing a newer version). Basically, it gets stuck on the boot animation. I can get to the recovery which gives me options to apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition.

I tried doing the SBF thing that I have read about with this: Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip.
But I get this error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow:2.3.3/4.5.1_57_DX8-51/120111:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

I've also seen the following error when trying to install cyanogenmod:

E:signature verification failed

If someone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. (As you can probably tell, I don't know too much about this stuff!)

Thanks!

leftspin

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried installing Cyanogenmod for my Droid X and now I'm having trouble booting (I had previously successfully installed it but was installing a newer version). Basically, it gets stuck on the boot animation. I can get to the recovery which gives me options to apply update from sdcard, wipe data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition.

I tried doing the SBF thing that I have read about with this: Update - Blur_Version.4.5.621.MB810.Verizon.en.US.zip.
But I get this error:

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.fingerprint") == "verizon/shadow_vzw/cdma_shadow:2.3.3/4.5.1_57_DX8-51/120111:user/release-keys"
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (Status 7)

I've also seen the following error when trying to install cyanogenmod:

E:signature verification failed

If someone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. (As you can probably tell, I don't know too much about this stuff!)

Thanks!

Start your own thread and I'll help you there, this thread is old and has nothing to do with your question really.