SBF back to stock from Liberty GB for official GB?

leviathngod

Reaction score
Just thinking, should I SBF back to stock in anticipation of the official GB that should be released by big red Friday?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jwalz

Reaction score
Yeah but if you do will you be able to root? That's the million dollar question

leonozug

Reaction score
But I wouldn't SBF back until you hear it's officially been released to everyone. And if you take the update, you may not be rooted for a while. You may want to wait until someone has root available for it.

jwalz

Reaction score
My sentiments exactly

leonozug

Reaction score
Yeah but if you do will you be able to root? That's the million dollar question

P3Droid said there is no root available for it right now. You WILL lose root. I'm sure they'll crack it soon enough though.

jwalz

Reaction score
Oh yeah insure they will but I would wait to make sure I'm able to root cause chances of me staying on Ginger for a length of time are slim to none... just wana check it out then back to liberty I go.lol

OP
L

leviathngod

Reaction score
I'm currently running Liberty GB 0.5 and I'm loving it. It runs great and is pretty much glitch free as far as I've seen. I don't want to go to the official GB unless it's some massive improvement on things although I doubt it but if I'm to believe what P3droid said in his statement about Verizon searching for those who ROM. Verizon will know that those who don't take the pushed Official GB are currently running a ROM.

wooddale

Reaction score
If your rooted and the leak is the same as the offical whats the point you sbf which unroots you then you have to reroot when avaliable. Seems like if you stay on leak your avoiding the middle man. I think there will be alot of people that just dont do the upgrade. Ill bet there are still people on 20.

Nmayar

Reaction score
I'm currently running Liberty GB 0.5 and I'm loving it. It runs great and is pretty much glitch free as far as I've seen. I don't want to go to the official GB unless it's some massive improvement on things although I doubt it but if I'm to believe what P3droid said in his statement about Verizon searching for those who ROM. Verizon will know that those who don't take the pushed Official GB are currently running a ROM.

There will be no way for big red to know if you took the push unless you bring the phone in.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they have a way of recording devices that don't take the ota, every active esn # is recorded on their system and it would be as simple as building an esn verification check into the ota.

Nmayar

Reaction score
Here is what I will say. I have worked for big red 11 years and unless there is some backend system that they are working with, there is no way for them to know. I have done service for them the entire time.

wooddale

Reaction score
Here is what I will say. I have worked for big red 11 years and unless there is some backend system that they are working with, there is no way for them to know. I have done service for them the entire time.

Thank You good to know

Nmayar

Reaction score
Here is one other tid bit they can track the data usage for those using the wireless teather.

wooddale

Reaction score
Here is one other tid bit they can track the data usage for those using the wireless teather.
I only use it maybe 6 times a year when I go to my summer house in Wi I cant justify getting wireless tether for that short time If you dont abuse it is it ok or dont matter you did it. I thought they could tell by the amount you use