SBF back to stock from Liberty GB for official GB?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by leviathngod, May 11, 2011.

1. leviathngod

leviathngod New Member

Just thinking, should I SBF back to stock in anticipation of the official GB that should be released by big red Friday?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  2. leonozug

leonozug New Member

Yep. You have to in order to get it.
  3. jwalz

jwalz New Member

Yeah but if you do will you be able to root? That's the million dollar question

4. leonozug

leonozug New Member

But I wouldn't SBF back until you hear it's officially been released to everyone. And if you take the update, you may not be rooted for a while. You may want to wait until someone has root available for it.
  5. jwalz

jwalz New Member

My sentiments exactly

6. leonozug

leonozug New Member

P3Droid said there is no root available for it right now. You WILL lose root. I'm sure they'll crack it soon enough though.
  7. jwalz

jwalz New Member

Oh yeah insure they will but I would wait to make sure I'm able to root cause chances of me staying on Ginger for a length of time are slim to none... just wana check it out then back to liberty I go.lol

8. leviathngod

leviathngod New Member

I'm currently running Liberty GB 0.5 and I'm loving it. It runs great and is pretty much glitch free as far as I've seen. I don't want to go to the official GB unless it's some massive improvement on things although I doubt it but if I'm to believe what P3droid said in his statement about Verizon searching for those who ROM. Verizon will know that those who don't take the pushed Official GB are currently running a ROM.
  9. wooddale

wooddale New Member

If your rooted and the leak is the same as the offical whats the point you sbf which unroots you then you have to reroot when avaliable. Seems like if you stay on leak your avoiding the middle man. I think there will be alot of people that just dont do the upgrade. Ill bet there are still people on 20.
  10. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

There will be no way for big red to know if you took the push unless you bring the phone in.
  11. CD95YJ

CD95YJ New Member

I'm pretty sure they have a way of recording devices that don't take the ota, every active esn # is recorded on their system and it would be as simple as building an esn verification check into the ota.

12. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

Here is what I will say. I have worked for big red 11 years and unless there is some backend system that they are working with, there is no way for them to know. I have done service for them the entire time.
  13. wooddale

wooddale New Member

Thank You good to know
  14. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

Here is one other tid bit they can track the data usage for those using the wireless teather.
  15. wooddale

wooddale New Member

I only use it maybe 6 times a year when I go to my summer house in Wi I cant justify getting wireless tether for that short time If you dont abuse it is it ok or dont matter you did it. I thought they could tell by the amount you use
  16. Nmayar

Nmayar New Member

They can tell based on how the data entry over the network. Abuse or not if they want to come after you they will.
  17. Guyute

Guyute New Member

When I start hearing stories of VZW coming after someone who tethers a few times here and there and uses minimal amounts of data, I'll start to worry. I have yet to hear anything of the sort. Nice try with the scare tactics.

I work from home and use my WIFI connection all day so I use very very little 3G data. I've tethered 3 times in the last 9 months. Two times for testing and once when the power went out at my home, so I fired up my laptop. I might use it when I go camping next month. Not only am I not worried, but if big red ever did send me a letter or call me about it. Considering my minimal data use, they wouldn't have me as a customer any longer.
  18. wooddale

wooddale New Member

I did some reading since my last post and here is what it is if its out there and you can get it its yours wireless tether doesnt belong to Verizon. I believe that was the last ruling by the FCC . Now if you are using ther data to get it and they can figyue a way to stop it more power to them. Like I said before people like us who are are rooted are a minority. Everyone I know has a cell phone guess how many know about rooting yet alone tethering (0). Verizon isnt going to pull a shot like that because like you say they would loose customers unless there really greedy. My 2 cents
  19. leviathngod

leviathngod New Member

Well, I don't mind not using tethering at all. I may have used it once or twice last year on a different rom but since p3droid released the story about tethering and rims I just stayed away from tethering. The main reason for me to ROM is to make my phone work well. I can't tolerate how latch stock can be and having to choke down the bloatware. I am happy with Liberty GB right now, so I would like to stay with my current ROM.