SBF a phone that had Liberty GB and Liberty's still on it! Need some help

kyferez

Reaction score
Ok guys, So I had a rooted Verizon DroidX. It had applied an update, not sure which, and I hated it so I rooted it, installed clockwork recovery, and loaded Liberty GB on it. Liberty GB had the Liberty logo at first turn on and the rotating Liberty as booting up. I mention this because it's important as I mention below...

Now it's having issues so I'm going to do a warranty on it and need to make it stock again. So I attempted to do SBF. I grabbed RSDLite 5.6 and got it installed. I booted the phone into the bootloader, connected it, and I loaded VRZ_MB810_4.5.605_1FF_01.sbf. It said it took fine.

I now have the Red M Motorola Logo at first turn on, but as it's booting up I get the rotating Liberty symbol! What happened? What do I try now? I need to get it stock asap so I can send it back.

Thanks!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could try a factory reset. Maybe that particular SBF doesn't touch the data partition, and the bootanimation for Liberty is located in /data/local? That's all I can think of. When the ROM actually boots, is it stock GB?

OP
K

kyferez

Reaction score
Thanks a load that did it!

Now, for my new DroidX, it has 4.5.621M810. I've read I can't SBF to a rom before .621? Is that right? Is there a specific thread or wiki with more info on SBFing from .621 to an earlier version?