SayMyName

OpalCat

Reaction score
we had no problems with the ringtone being delayed in the SayCaller Settings and Repeat timeout of 2. This was on the old version however. Of course make sure that the Silent Ringtone box is unchecked if you want a ringer under external tweeks
There is no box there... (and when I tap on Silent Ringtone nothing opens with any options to check there either). I assumed it was telling me to go externally and silence my ringtone. Is there supposed to be a checkbox? maybe I should reinstall?

OP
Purgatory

Purgatory

Reaction score
the Silent Ringtone box is under external tweaks, near the bottom of the main screen. Once you uncheck the box, then it will ask you what ringtone you would like to use. If you are not getting anything coming up, then yes, I would encourage you to reinstall. However, this is the second program I have seen you are having problems with. You might want to think about restoring your phone if you continue to have issues. The other thing you can try, is install the "TTS Service Extended" program in the marketplace. This should be installed by default with the program.

OpalCat

Reaction score
the Silent Ringtone box is under external tweaks, near the bottom of the main screen.
I see where Silent Ringtone is, but as I said, there is no checkbox and nothing happens when I tap on it. I will reinstall and see what happens.

kcpiegirl

Reaction score
Does this not support Bluetooth?

I installed this and it correctly read the name of my test contact but it read that name over the handset speaker while reading the old "Call from 555-555-5555" over my bluetooth. I had set it to the privacy mode in the settings hoping it would just do the caller ID name over bluetooth but it didn't. Tried resetting the bluetooth as well.

Anyone know? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere-I searched but didn't find it. (Oh--and Moto Droid Froyo running SayMyName Dessert if that makes a difference)
Thanks!