1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Saying goodbye is tough, so I'll overwrite it!

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by sonicfreak360, Aug 5, 2011.

1. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 New Member

Hey guys, long time no see! You might know me from my small little tutorials and suggestions, but you probably don't... So here is the news:

I've moved on past OG droid to get the Xperia Play on Verizon and I'm loving it. If you ask for my opinion of the phone, it's really fun to have a controller on a phone! It definitely helps out when playing emulator games, but the emulators have yet to support the touch pads. Oh well, can't win them all. The phone is really smooth, and I'm glad that it doesn't have dual core. It would bump up the price of phone, and I think it runs amazing with one core!

I'm going to miss the OG droid, and liquid smooth roms! I gave the OG droid to my dad, but he went with bugless beast (Reason: didn't want to update his phone so much). The Play doesn't have nearly as much settings, in fact it just started to receive cyanogen mod. It doesn't even have a recovery partion, but we still have clockwork mod, nestled in the boot partion instead...

I may have left, but I opened the doors for my friend who has a droid X! He is loving all the settings and bloat-free goodness! I got it freshly installed on his phone, no problems what-so-ever! He had a wifi glitch at one part, but I told him to wipe the data of the settings app. So this brings me to the next topic

Fixes: If you are having any issues with the ROM and thinking about going to previous versions of liquid, like 1.85 (seems to be popular...) then please don't. Liquid works hard to release new versions of the roms with new features. It's like giving someone an Xbox 360, but then they trade it in for an Xbox! Instead, try re-installing the ROM like so:

1. Wipe everything you can. Go into clockwork mod recovery and wipe data and cache, and then go into partitions menu. Wipe everything that you haven't wiped already, boot and system should be wiped.
    2. Install the ROM normally
    3. Skip restoring ANYTHING in titanium backup, people seem to have problems with that. But if you want to you can. However, any problems you may have could be a result of this. You can always re-install the ROM without restoring things in titanium backup any other time.
    Finally, I am going to give you some tips:

• Always wipe at 100% battery life
    • Don't go back to old versions of liquid
    • wipe everything
    • Donate to liquid :p

Well, farewell my friends! I may poke around and help out, but I will be posting significantly less. Enjoy the Liquid Smooth Roms!
  2. brad92

brad92 New Member

Let us know how the new phone works out. I thought it looked pretty cool.

MIUI
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Good luck with your new phone sonic!!

I myself got a Droid X so I would have done a big long goodbye but not long after I did cvpcs became the hero of the locked bootloader and as a result I am running liquid like I never even left.

Enjoy the phone and let us know how it is!!
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

2nd init is awesome huh? I love it

MIUI
  5. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Absolutely, like I said a hero.
  6. MS2SF

MS2SF New Member

Enjoy your new phone. I have appreciated your comments and your advice, thank you.

I would like to add one tip to your list that has made a big difference for me. Do a Factory Data Reset. Settings => Privacy Settings. This still leaves music and pictures ( it is NOT the Erase SD Card, which is under storage).

Good Luck