Saving Watch faces?

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Hi, I have the Droid Turbo and I am getting ready to install Lollipop, I have always performed a factory reset before a os install and I am ready to do this now, the problem is I don't want to lose my collection of Moto 360 watch faces. I have ES file explorer and I can see the files in the Facer folder, can I just copy the file folders to a thumb drive and then move them back after the update? I don't want to start over from scratch again. What's the best way to save my collection?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It would seem to me that saving those file folders to a thumb drive then moving them back after the update should save them. Be sure to add them back in the same drive location, folder they were in before the update.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I can't give any guarantees but that's how I save my home screen setups for my phone. I would think that it would work the same way. If any of your watch faces involve specific apps or widgets, make sure you install the associated apps before copying the folders over.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Makes total sense and I think your way would work. I just wanted to be sure.
Thanks!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I hope it does. Too bad there isn't someone who had already put it to the test. It would be nice to know for certain.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That is a great question. I had not even thought of it last Saturday when I activated my new Turbo. I just did a FDR on the watch, paired it to the new phone and setup watch faces again. If it does work that would be quicker. Curious to hear how it works for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk