Saving things on SD Card

Ieisha

Reaction score
What apps can be saved on the SD Card? How do you do it , and how to you transfer things over to the SD Card ( like music from computer )

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What apps can be saved on the SD Card? How do you do it , and how to you transfer things over to the SD Card ( like music from computer )

On the X? Good question, I'm not certain you can do it without being rooted and having Froyo and so far there is no Froyo for the X.

LuN3yDaV3

Reaction score
I have the Droid 1, rooted with Ultimate Droid Froyo. You can put any app on the SD card with that ROM (not sure if all Froyo builds can). However I ran into an issue moving Facebook and Twitter to the SD card. The widgets removed from the home screen and they weren't showing up in the widget list anymore. I moved the apps back to the phone and rebooted to fix. Not sure if just a reboot alone would have fixed it if I left them on the card.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

cant do it yet til we get froyo (even with 2.1 root)

I have the Droid 1, rooted with Ultimate Droid Froyo. You can put any app on the SD card with that ROM (not sure if all Froyo builds can). However I ran into an issue moving Facebook and Twitter to the SD card. The widgets removed from the home screen and they weren't showing up in the widget list anymore. I moved the apps back to the phone and rebooted to fix. Not sure if just a reboot alone would have fixed it if I left them on the card.

droid X general discussions not original droid

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

For the second question, if it's like the original Droid, you plug in the cable from your phone to your computer. You'll see an option to "Mount." Pressing that will make your sd card like a flash drive. You can then move stuff back and forth. When done just select "Turn Off"