Saving text's

rokhound21

Reaction score
New user questions

New user to smart phones, so I have some questions
1: Is there a way to "Lock" a txt msg or even the whole thread so as not to accidentally erase it? I have long touched the msg but no such option comes up.

2: Is there a way to transfer my Calender off my Envy 2 to the Droid 2?

3: When someone sends a picture/vid msg why is it "timed" if you want to look/read it longer you have to Pause the screen even if its just 1 screen,& if you receive a slide show & want to save a pic you have to save the whole slide show, is there a way to save individual pics like "old" phones could?

5. when typing txt it will insert stuff for you, like if you press the space bar twice it will put a period in, or if you use the "&" it wont leave a space between the symbol & the word. How can I fix this it drives me nuts!!

6. I also don't like how quiet the txt msg alerts are, can I download more or change it somehow?

7. what do I do to get txt alerts about email, or ebay bids/out bid?

I know its a mouth full but Ive talked w tech lines & they just say "why do you want it to work this way" & dont seem to help much. Thanks for your time & patients w a rookie, your help will be greatly appreciated !

Last edited:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1: Is there a way to "Lock" a txt msg or even the whole thread so as not to accidentally erase it? I have long touched the msg but no such option comes up.

You should be able to long press it and lock the message. Regardless, there's an app in the market called "SMS I'm backup" that works great.

From what I understand the enV Touch is not able to sync with google calendar.

3: When someone sends a picture/vid msg why is it "timed" if you want to look/read it longer you have to Pause the screen even if its just 1 screen,& if you receive a slide show & want to save a pic you have to save the whole slide show, is there a way to save individual pics like "old" phones could?

Have you tried longpressing the pic then select save to sdcard?

5. when typing txt it will insert stuff for you, like if you press the space bar twice it will put a period in, or if you use the "&" it wont leave a space between the symbol & the word. How can I fix this it drives me nuts!!

I don't know of a keyboard that will autoadd a space after that symbol. I just tried it on 3 different keyboards. It treats it just as it does a word and you have to press the space bar.

6. I also don't like how quiet the txt msg alerts are, can I download more or change it somehow?

Get the app "Ringo" from the market. It has many, many great options I'm sure you'll love.

No idea, sorry.

I know its a mouth full but Ive talked w tech lines & they just say "why do you want it to work this way" & dont seem to help much. Thanks for your time & patients w a rookie, your help will be greatly appreciated !

:welcome: to the forum! I hope this helps :D

OP
R

rokhound21

Reaction score

You should be able to long press it and lock the message. Regardless, there's an app in the market called "SMS I'm backup" that works great.

When I long press it the only options are open, forward, copy, view, delete.

From what I understand the enV Touch is not able to sync with google calendar.
Damn thats going to be alot of typing again! lol

Have you tried longpressing the pic then select save to sdcard?

if it is a msg w multiple pics it wont let you do anything but "pause" the slide show. GRRRRR

I don't know of a keyboard that will autoadd a space after that symbol. I just tried it on 3 different keyboards. It treats it just as it does a word and you have to press the space bar.

no it takes the space you just put in away, it does this after you type an explanation point, a period, etc

Get the app "Ringo" from the market. It has many, many great options I'm sure you'll love.

No idea, sorry.

:welcome: to the forum! I hope this helps :D

Thanks for not flaming me & helping w all these questions I appreciate it!!

OP
R

rokhound21

Reaction score
I found a menu I hadnt seen before & I turned off the auto punctuate now it txt's the way I want it to. Its under language & keyboard.