saving or streaming video to incredible

griswolds53

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just moved over to the incredible from the moto droid, and with it i tried to bring some videos that i saved onto my memory card gathered from the internet. I can not get them to play. They will load, and start, but then stop...but the sound continues?? If i click on the progression line at he bottom, it will move to that spot in the video and just stop. It does this for all the videos. Also, when i try to stream videos from my favorite places it does the same thing. I can hear the sound, but the video does not move. Its not a flash issue, becuase it worked fine with the droid. Any ideas? i have looked around, and found nada! thanks for your time!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Using the same app on both devices?

OP
G

griswolds53

Reaction score
I am just using the standard app player that is on the incredible. same as with the droid. With the moto droid i would just download and save to my sd card, and watch with the default player. I cant seem to do that with the incredible, even when i try to stream and download now. It just "sits" at the first frame, and the sound continues. I tried 2-3 sites...all the same thing. Should i download a different player from the app store? any you would recommed? Thanks for your quick reply!

OP
G

griswolds53

Reaction score
figured it out. they are wmv files which, by all accounts in these forums, i should not be able to play without converting. i dont know how i had 12 of them in wmv format, playing on my motodroid without any problem??...oh well, ill dump them and convert more as i go! :)

atthehop

Reaction score
figured it out. they are wmv files which, by all accounts in these forums, i should not be able to play without converting. i dont know how i had 12 of them in wmv format, playing on my motodroid without any problem??...oh well, ill dump them and convert more as i go! :)

What format do you convert them to to play in the incredible.

tc1

Reaction score

atthehop

Reaction score
What converter app would you recommend?

I use Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, it is fast and you can split the file into smaller sections so when you are watching the movie and cannot watch the whole thing you can watch eact portion and not have to fast forward to where you left off.