Saving info to SD card to move to new Droid 4 phone

droidgrr

Reaction score
I currently have the Droid 2 Global. and just got my new Droid 4. I am not a techie at all in working with the hardware in phones - so I apologize in advance and will need hand holding:

1 - I assume I can put my current SD card in my new phone?
2- If 1 is yes, I would like to store my bookmarks on the SD as well as my photos. How do I do that?
3 - I thought I found a Motorola website that would help with this and I downloaded updated USB drivers (not a guru with this either), but it doesn't work at all or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks.

GigaJake

Reaction score
You can use your micro sd card in the Droid 4 just fine. I don't know how to save your bookmarks, that's something app related. Invest in getting a file managing app and make sure everything is transfered or stored on your sd card before swapping it

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

d2gfan

Reaction score
Saving Contacts for transfer to new Droid

DUH! I just read your post again and see it was RE bookmarks and Pics, not contacts. I think Pics are easy if you just make sure they are on the SD card using file manager on your D2G before you move the SD to the the D4. Don't know about bookmarks. Leaving the following FYI, though you probably didn't have a problem with contacts. ...................just researched the "move the contacts" thing yesterday as I am in the process of upgrading my son's D2G to a D4. Easiest way for contacts is to use Verizons Backup Asst. Plus. You can go into the people or contacts list on the D2G and then select menu. According to the Vzn website there should be a choice there to setup and transfer your contacts to BkupAsstPlus. Once there, you can put all your contact data in the Vrzn cloud and can then easily retrieve it as you activate the new phone. ALTERNATE: Login to My Verizon on your computer, click your d2g picture on the entry page and then select Manage Contacts on the pull down menu. It will take you through a process to set up BkupAsstPlus. I have not completed yet as my son's D2G is in another city, but I know from my upgrade to D4 that BkupAsstPlus works just fine. Good Luck

GigaJake

Reaction score
No offense, but backup assistant is completely useless on android devices. Make sure you have a complete list of your contacts synced with google, and anytime you sign into an android phone, your contacts should sync to the device. Vzw stuff is usually an unneeded extra step.

Log into your gmail and change from mail to contacts, and make sure you have everybody you want listed with their information

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2