Saving Helix Layout

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by LuN3yDaV3, Apr 6, 2010.

1. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is it possible to save your helix screen layout (location of widgets and icons)? So say you wipe data, but you have a helix config file saved to the sdcard. Once you're back up and running with a new ROM, you run an app or script to load your helix layout. Other possibility is to have multiple layout themes. Any ideas?

2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My only idea is backing up helix with Titanium backup and then restoring the application with Data, but im not sure if that would work or not. i think i read somewhere that its possible to save your layout with titanium but i cant remember where :(

3. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There has to be some kind of config or XML file somewhere. Otherwise how does the Android OS know what and where to put widgets and icons when you get a Helix force close or you reboot the phone?

4. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there probably is but i wouldnt know where it is. i know how you feel though about having to redo all of your widgets and icons (i theme all my icons with better cut so i hate it) but sometimes its nice to redo them because you place stuff differently and get a new look on your phone.

5. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears there is something within the OS that controls this, so it would be a matter of finding the particular XML file and backing that up to the sdcard.

Declaring Layout | Android Developers

6. jawa6969

jawa6969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Quick question that is semi related, Helix rotates the home screen to landscape. Is there any way to change that behavior? All I care to go into landscape for is web surfing.

7. jawa6969

jawa6969 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nevermind. I found it. Duh!

8. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Found a possible idea for this, but when looking at everything I can backup in titanium backup I see (desktop) launcher 2.1 updte 1 now that might backup the deskop for my helix because its the only launcher I have on my droid, so if you wan you could try itout and see if it works =)