Saving game data--Angry Birds

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by alm0614, Oct 22, 2010.

1. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I am going to be changing ROMs in the near future and am going to need to wipe data/cache.. is there anyway I can save the levels I've beaten in my games(mainly angry birds) so that I dont have to start over after reinstalling an app
  2. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For saving game data, i usually go into /data/data and find the corresponding folder to the game, copy that with root explorer onto my sdcard. Load new rom, install game, go back to /data/data, delete the new folder, and then move the old folder from the sd card to /data/data. Has worked with every game i have tried it on.

EDIT: I tried this on angry birds, moving from BB 0.5 to MIUI 4.1.1 and it did not work. What i had to do was copy the file "highscores.lua" from /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds/files to my sd card, then install the game, press play, and then exit the game, now paste the highscores.lua into the files folder.

EDIT2: Okay, that shows the saved scores, but when i go to play, it wont let me play the next level that should be unlocked, and if i play the previous one, it shuts the app down when i beat it. Seeing if i can figure it out now.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
  3. alm0614

alm0614 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    any progress?
  4. hemorrdroid

hemorrdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried quite a few things, but never did get it to work 100% ended up just getting titanium backup and going that route, then just restore your backup with data when your on your new ROM.
  5. luv2increase

luv2increase Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just use titanium backup. Move the game to your phone first.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  6. acmasters

acmasters New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for others information, I was having the exact same issue as hemorrdroid, but I think I have it working now.

It seems my main problem was actually with the permissions of the files. You probably don't need to follow these steps exactly, but what I ended up doing that worked was doing a fresh install of Angry Birds, then without even opening the app up I moved my entire old "com.rovio.angrybirds/files" directory into "/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirds" and gave it and all the files under it full permissions.

Now it appears that everything is exactly how it was when I left off before :)
Search tags for this page
angry bird data.dat
angry bird data.dat file
angry bird go android save file
angry birds go save data android
angry birds go save file android
angry birds saving data
angry dir... games
how do i save angry birds to my droid bionics replacement ph

how to save angry birds progress android

time to save angry birds