Saving email attachments???

Irishleo

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been addressed. I searched a few pages and didnt see it anywhere. How do I save attachments in emails such as photos and videos? This is driving me crazy!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hello everyone. Sorry if this has been addressed. I searched a few pages and didnt see it anywhere. How do I save attachments in emails such as photos and videos? This is driving me crazy!

First, what email client are you using? I use K9 and it gives me the option to either view or save.

OP
I

Irishleo

Reaction score
I am using gmail. I got it figured it out so far. Its the gmail app itself. If I enter gmail.com in the browser, and sign in from there I get all the normal settings that I would on my laptop. Once I did that I just created a short cut on my homepage. Temporary fix till the gmail app gets squared away.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I am using gmail. I got it figured it out so far. Its the gmail app itself. If I enter gmail.com in the browser, and sign in from there I get all the normal settings that I would on my laptop. Once I did that I just created a short cut on my homepage. Temporary fix till the gmail app gets squared away.

Try installing Astro Image Viewer. When you use it to view a picture, you can then click the menu button and it gives you the option to "Share" and that gives you all the options to share including conversion and upload to Google Docs, which will then allow you to save to anywhere.

Icyhot1966

Reaction score
I think the correct answer is, in the Gmail app you'll see a preview and download option. Choose download. Then go into your apps, choose files, then internal phone storage. In there, you'll find a folder called download. In there you should find your attachments.