Saving Contacts

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Hey there folks, I did my best to search around the forums, maybe my function is broken or what I am asking hasn't been addressed exactly.

After I sync my facebook contacts, I want to back up the file so that it stores all that information in the contact.

Is this possible? Will the save retain the facebook info, IE: phone number, email, etc, etc.

And if it won't automatically back it up, how would I go about editing the contact correctly to store that info before I export it?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not sure what you mean by backup...? As long as you're still friends with that person and you have sync turned on and their name in your Droid phonebook matches their name on Facebook, their info will be stored in your phone...

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by backup...? As long as you're still friends with that person and you have sync turned on and their name in your Droid phonebook matches their name on Facebook, their info will be stored in your phone...

When I say back up, I mean be able to create vcf file on my sd card. What I want is when facebook "changes" my contact for it actually make a change to the contact instead of displaying the two entries as one entry. I then want to be able to save that new info to my vcf file.

Is that more? Or do I still sound crazy, lol

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Haha! You didn't sound crazy before. I just wasn't sure what you were asking. I don't personally backup my contacts to the SD card since all but strictly "facebook" contacts sync to Gmail.com, so I'm not sure I can help you out, but I'd like to know if there's a way to get a contact that's on my phone because of Facebook to also be in my Google contacts especially on gmail.com. Maybe I need to create the contact without facebook sync, then resync. I know that fixes the problem with Facebook-only contacts not showing up in CompSMS, but Idk...

As for the SD card issue, are you exporting your contacts using an app on the phone? I'm guessing you are. Just figured I'd milk a little more info out of you while I bump your thread...

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Haha! You didn't sound crazy before. I just wasn't sure what you were asking. I don't personally backup my contacts to the SD card since all but strictly "facebook" contacts sync to Gmail.com, so I'm not sure I can help you out, but I'd like to know if there's a way to get a contact that's on my phone because of Facebook to also be in my Google contacts especially on gmail.com. Maybe I need to create the contact without facebook sync, then resync. I know that fixes the problem with Facebook-only contacts not showing up in CompSMS, but Idk...

As for the SD card issue, are you exporting your contacts using an app on the phone? I'm guessing you are. Just figured I'd milk a little more info out of you while I bump your thread...

lol. I'm trying to remove the step of creating new contacts by abusing the information from facebook.

I'm using the import export feature in the contacts list to simply back up. See, I also want to get that info into gmail and the cloud so to speak, without making all these new contacts.

So I guess essentially I want to steal the info from one place and make it go some place else with as little effort on my part as possible, lol