Saving battery with Fission?

JMAjustin

Reaction score
I hear a lot of talk that Fission helps save battery. I have FMR Lite, can anyone tell me how I can save battery?

Neverblu

Reaction score
Install the firmware/rom, or rename bloatware through root explorer, remove motorblur..many thing to save battery, dont use a task killer(just forceclose an app if it is stubborn and doesnt autoclose, using a task killer goes against how nandroid was built, it autofrees RAM, full ram and empty ram take the same ammount of battery power, constantly killing tasks and system auto reloading them onto ram will drain battery), dont use a program thats supposed to save your battery(juicedefender, screeble ect) because in reality it really drains it more. charge your battery for an hour or so after it says its fully charged as to let the 2 stage charger our phones come with equalize the voltage across cells. turn off your data when your not using it, set your screen brightness to as low as possible. disable haptic feedback on keypress.

The list is long, use the search button, read, keep reading, read some more, it never hurts, even if you find something out you didnt necessarily need to know, now you know it, you wont have to ask.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Install the firmware/rom, or rename bloatware through root explorer, remove motorblur..many thing to save battery, dont use a task killer(just forceclose an app if it is stubborn and doesnt autoclose, using a task killer goes against how nandroid was built, it autofrees RAM, full ram and empty ram take the same ammount of battery power, constantly killing tasks and system auto reloading them onto ram will drain battery), dont use a program thats supposed to save your battery(juicedefender, screeble ect) because in reality it really drains it more. charge your battery for an hour or so after it says its fully charged as to let the 2 stage charger our phones come with equalize the voltage across cells. turn off your data when your not using it, set your screen brightness to as low as possible. disable haptic feedback on keypress.

The list is long, use the search button, read, keep reading, read some more, it never hurts, even if you find something out you didnt necessarily need to know, now you know it, you wont have to ask.

I dont know about juicedefender not helping, it helped me a ton, and its nice to not have to manually disable/enable connectivity when i am at work.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G

OP
J

JMAjustin

Reaction score
Thanks guys all this has helped quite a bit. But is there a free overclock app I can use for D2G? Or can someone tell me how to undervolt?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

draexo

Reaction score
I've been undervolting with QuickClock. It is in the market but it costs a few bucks.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

tothenet

Reaction score
I used Fission ROM for 1.5 month and now back to Stock. after removing many blur apps, battery life is about the same. I don't think Fission is any better if it comes with such blur apps. There's script to remove blur apps so, you can use for your stock ROM.

for overclock, you can also look at Droid Overclock by Jrummy16. It's also very nice app.