saving attachment via email

4rnr

Reaction score
I hope I can word this correctly.

Ive emailed myself (to phone) a file I want for my Notifications Ringtone, I get it on the phone, open it, and all I can do is "preview" the sound, I cant figure out how to save it.
And once saved, where, will it be saved to ?
Im sure this has probley been covered, but cant find the answer.
Thanks in advance

aDroidman

Reaction score
I believe you can download it with astro file manager. There is a problem with the gmail that google is working so that you can download files again. I have used astro once and it worked fine. It was in my downloads folder which I found using astro file manager and then moved it into the correct folder on my phone so that I could set it as a notification.

OP

4rnr

Reaction score
aDroidman, thankx for the reply, but I dont know what astro file is or where to find it.
Didnt know about the gmail issue, I can try sending to my comcast and see if that works, I appreciate the reply

OP

4rnr

Reaction score
this shouldnt be so hard, lol

Ive sent the file to my comcast, and dowloaded it to Ringtones, but its not showing up...:icon_evil:
it cant be this hard, lol

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its not, just an extra step or two until Google comes through. Astro is a file manager and is awesome...though I use Androzip myself.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

aDroidman

Reaction score
astro file manager is an app that allows you to manage files on your phone. its in the market place. Its rumored that there will be a fix in android 2.3 but its not official. If you really need the file I suggest that you put it on your SD card.