Saved As Ringtones But Not Notifiction?

kdw11005

Reaction score
I know how to save stuff so that it can be used as a ringtone, but for some reason only very few that are saved as ringtones also get saved as notification tones. It happened on my D1 too. Does anyone know how to save something as a notification and ringtone or why it shows up in the ringtones only? (I currently have a DX)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know how to save stuff so that it can be used as a ringtone, but for some reason only very few that are saved as ringtones also get saved as notification tones. It happened on my D1 too. Does anyone know how to save something as a notification and ringtone or why it shows up in the ringtones only? (I currently have a DX)

Did you create a folder in your sdcard /media/audio/notifications ?

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
No I do not have that file in my sd card. I have astro and did a search and nothing came up with that file. Could you please walk me through it step by step as to how to create this file and save ringtones to it?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
just create a new directory in astro called media (should be in the root of the sdcard, what you see when you first open Astro)

open the media folder

create a new directory called audio

open the audio folder

create a new directory called notifications

place the audio files you want as notifications in this location

When you go to change your notification, you should see these files in your list of available selections.

Kubs

Reaction score
just create a new directory in astro called media (should be in the root of the sdcard, what you see when you first open Astro)

open the media folder

create a new directory called audio

open the audio folder

create a new directory called notifications

place the audio files you want as notifications in this location

When you go to change your notification, you should see these files in your list of available selections.

What is astro? I open my media card and have the media/audio/notifications folder just like you said but anything I put in there does not show up as a notification tone.