Save text messages

Statman

Reaction score
I have tried a search, but can't find info on saving text messages to SD card. My wife got the incredible so I activated it. Then she says she wants the text messages off her droid. They are still there, but I don't know how to get them or forward them to her. Any suggestions? TIA!

luv2increase

Reaction score
I have tried a search, but can't find info on saving text messages to SD card. My wife got the incredible so I activated it. Then she says she wants the text messages off her droid. They are still there, but I don't know how to get them or forward them to her. Any suggestions? TIA!

I use SMS Backup : -)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Statman

Statman

Reaction score

Yes, I think that would work, however it was not installed on her droid and now she does not have access to the market. Is there any way to install this on the SD card and run it? Or somehow get it to the internal drive? TIA

barcodelinux

Reaction score

Yes, I think that would work, however it was not installed on her droid and now she does not have access to the market. Is there any way to install this on the SD card and run it? Or somehow get it to the internal drive? TIA

You should still be able to pull up Wifi and access the market. Search for "SMS back & Restore". This app saves SMS's to an xml file on your sdcard.

If you are moving these SMS's to another android device, install SMS Backup & Restore on the other device and restore from the .xml file on the sdcard.

OP
Statman

Statman

Reaction score
You should still be able to pull up Wifi and access the market. Search for "SMS back & Restore". This app saves SMS's to an xml file on your sdcard.

If you are moving these SMS's to another android device, install SMS Backup & Restore on the other device and restore from the .xml file on the sdcard.

No go....it won't let me get to the market via wifi, but thanks for the suggestion....

barcodelinux

Reaction score

No go....it won't let me get to the market via wifi, but thanks for the suggestion....

Install SMS Backup & Restore and Titanium Backup on your new Incredible. Run a backup of the SMS Backup & Restore App. Move the SMS Backup and Restore app in .apk form (email, SDcard swap, etc...) over to the old Droid and install it. Then proceed as above.

OP
Statman

Statman

Reaction score
Install SMS Backup & Restore and Titanium Backup on your new Incredible. Run a backup of the SMS Backup & Restore App. Move the SMS Backup and Restore app in .apk form (email, SDcard swap, etc...) over to the old Droid and install it. Then proceed as above.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

Droids

Reaction score
The messages are stored in a database file. If you have root you can grab the file here:
/data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/mmssms.db