Save Application APKs?

Etv5002

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in so sorry if it isn't!

How do you go about saving the .apk file of paid applications that you download from the market? I know that google has a new licensing lock on applications that are downloaded so they will only work on your own personal gmail account. For backup reasons though, how would I go about saving those files? (also I'm not going to root my phone)

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
dont need to back them up. signing into the same gmail account will load them in downloads

OP
E

Etv5002

Reaction score
I fully understand that. Just want to have my app .apk sitting in a file on my desktop. I've seen .apks of paid apps floating around the internet so I know it can be done.

I'm planning on running the Android OS on my old laptop and I want to eventually run them on there but that won't connect to the internet and I definitely won't associate it with my gmail

joeymoose

Reaction score
I fully understand that. Just want to have my app .apk sitting in a file on my desktop. I've seen .apks of paid apps floating around the internet so I know it can be done.

I'm planning on running the Android OS on my old laptop and I want to eventually run them on there but that won't connect to the internet and I definitely won't associate it with my gmail

Download Astro file manager, open it, hit menu, tools, backup. It will create a backup of All your apps, paid and free. Then you will have a folder called backup on your sd card. Drag that folder to your laptop and enjoy!

dmxoneIuv

Reaction score
Solved

Download Astro file manager, open it, hit menu, tools, backup. It will create a backup of All your apps, paid and free. Then you will have a folder called backup on your sd card.

SOLVED

Astro File Manager did the trick as stated above.

smtom

Reaction score
MOST cool. Works like a champ! Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums