1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Satelite icon?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by kkwan77, Nov 7, 2009.

1. kkwan77

kkwan77 New Member

How do you disable the gps or remove the satellite icon from draining battery?

I noticed it turned on (satellite icon) without my input/

Yes, I am aware of the task killer app but when I look into the running applications in the Settings I do not seeing anything referring to the gps.

Thanks! :icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. Stigy

Stigy New Member

The easiest way is to put the Power Control widget on your home screen (Menu > Add > Widgets > Power Contorl) and you can click that Satellite icon on the widget.

That will toggle the GPS satellite status.
  3. kkwan77

kkwan77 New Member

Thanks did that, seemed to turn it off. Strange how it just appears by itself.
  4. nerdstaz

nerdstaz New Member

You do realize that the phone auto-updates your geographic location to make your google search more accurate for local resteraunts etc. , right? So it appears occasionally to update your location
Search tags for this page

what is the satelite icon on my pantech