Sapphire's progress since 0.8.4 (Changelog included)

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks like cvpcs is listening guys extremely excited for this release. Looks like I'll be using scriptybox to switch out all of the default apps. And since I almost have all of Dark Edge Red ported over for 0.8.4 I hope he didn't change too much!(yep I'm too impatient to wait for an official port from DE Team)

0.9.4:
Updated to custom sapphire kernels [cvpcs]
For various reasons, sapphire kernels will be customized by myself
(cvpcs) from here on out. The new kernels are based on P3Droid's
original work for sapphire, with overclocking info borrowed from
Bekit's work

Reverted to Stock apps by default (cvpcs)
After much consideration, I have reverted the defaults for sapphire
apps to those which are stock (this includes Music, Launcher2, etc).
There are many reasons for this, but all custom apps such as
ADW, EliotStocker, and Cytown, will remain available through the
switchapk script in scriptybox

0.9.3:
Updated to latest p3 kernel [p3droid]
Latest kernel includes support for more governors

Moved GEM settings to core settings [cvpcs (rework)]
[cyanogen (base)]
The GEM settings app is now incorporated into the core settings app
so it may be accessed from the main settings screen

GEM settings rework [cvpcs]
GEM settings has been overhauled to allow it to be more manigable as
an app for development.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
skurtz did I read correctly that you are working on porting DE Red over to the next Sapphire Release?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like cvpcs is listening guys extremely excited for this release. Looks like I'll be using scriptybox to switch out all of the default apps. And since I almost have all of Dark Edge Red ported over for 0.8.4 I hope he didn't change too much!(yep I'm too impatient to wait for an official port from DE Team)

0.9.4:
Updated to custom sapphire kernels [cvpcs]
For various reasons, sapphire kernels will be customized by myself
(cvpcs) from here on out. The new kernels are based on P3Droid's
original work for sapphire, with overclocking info borrowed from
Bekit's work

Reverted to Stock apps by default (cvpcs)
After much consideration, I have reverted the defaults for sapphire
apps to those which are stock
(this includes Music, Launcher2, etc).
There are many reasons for this, but all custom apps such as
ADW, EliotStocker, and Cytown, will remain available through the
switchapk script in scriptybox

0.9.3:
Updated to latest p3 kernel [p3droid]
Latest kernel includes support for more governors

Moved GEM settings to core settings [cvpcs (rework)]
[cyanogen (base)]
The GEM settings app is now incorporated into the core settings app
so it may be accessed from the main settings screen

GEM settings rework [cvpcs]
GEM settings has been overhauled to allow it to be more manigable as
an app for development.

Now thats what I like to hear.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to connect to the irc on my phone (can't ever get a good enough connection), so has anyone in there heard anything from him about this...?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes guys I am working on porting it, however I havent spoken to DE or CVPCS if we can make it an offical port. I was doing it for myself since I'm a DE nut, but if all goes well and both parties let me I will gladly post it up. I'm also making it in update zip format!dancedroid I have almost all of the framework done but now with the changelogs I'm seeing I put that on hold. The normal system apps are all done for newest leaked release from P3droid. I'm assuming that is what will be included in the rom. And my update zip worked for FR01B that is what I'm running now for testing. I used Bgill's port for reference from Team Chaos DE theme.

wingdo

Reaction score
I found reference to version 0.8.4.b, but was only able to find version 0.8.4 while searching the web.

You were reading the thread for 928Droid's BlackGlass for Sapphire which IS at version 0.8.4b. Great theme, you should give it a try.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Yes guys I am working on porting it, however I havent spoken to DE or CVPCS if we can make it an offical port. I was doing it for myself since I'm a DE nut, but if all goes well and both parties let me I will gladly post it up. I'm also making it in update zip format!dancedroid I have almost all of the framework done but now with the changelogs I'm seeing I put that on hold. The normal system apps are all done for newest leaked release from P3droid. I'm assuming that is what will be included in the rom. And my update zip worked for FR01B that is what I'm running now for testing. I used Bgill's port for reference from Team Chaos DE theme.

Great to hear......

Sapphire and Dark Edge will be a phenominal package.

Sent from my Droid

zer0null

Reaction score
Fix for latest clockwork

One thing that I hope would be addressed is fixing the problem trying to install with clockwork recovery 2.5.0.1. I don't know how far back it goes but i tried to install sapphire the other day with rom manager and directly with the recovery screen and both time failed. After doing some research I found out that if you install an older version of clockwork everything works fine and it did. But it would be nice if sapphire could support the most recent version.

Thanks

captdroid

Reaction score
One thing that I hope would be addressed is fixing the problem trying to install with clockwork recovery 2.5.0.1. I don't know how far back it goes but i tried to install sapphire the other day with rom manager and directly with the recovery screen and both time failed. After doing some research I found out that if you install an older version of clockwork everything works fine and it did. But it would be nice if sapphire could support the most recent version.

Thanks

I think better yet it would be nice if clockwork latest version worked with what it did just a few versions back. It's not only Sapphire clockwork has problems.

And it would be helpful if there was a changelog available for clockwork. ROM Manager has a changelog not current but a changelog. Clockwork AFAIK has no official changelog.

Last edited:

wingdo

Reaction score

Thanks

I think better yet it would be nice if clockwork latest version worked with what it did just a few versions back. It's not only Sapphire clockwork has problems.

And it would be helpful if there was a changelog available for clockwork. ROM Manager has a changelog not current but a changelog. Clockwork AFAIK has no official changelog.

Yup I don't think there is anything for Sapphire to fix. It's a known issue with CW and some FroYo ROMs. Since Koush works on CW and CM obviously there isn't much of an issue there.

captdroid

Reaction score

Thanks

Yup I don't think there is anything for Sapphire to fix. It's a known issue with CW and some FroYo ROMs. Since Koush works on CW and CM obviously there isn't much of an issue there.

I would like to see Koush resolve the problem and produce a changelog for clockwork. I did purchase ROM manager... just saying

natezire71

Reaction score
Did u disable overshoot and raise the scrolling spread? That helps a lot.

Nope because Launcher Pro worked so much better. :)

That is because launcherpro starts out with a faster scrolling speed. If you disabled overshoot and put the scrolling speed to around 170 it is no different than LP, which I have been using the past couple days so I had experience with both. :)

You know? I never did try that. I'll look into it though. :p Thanks man.