Sapphire's progress since 0.8.4 (Changelog included)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
just in case the new build is messing with our tethering ability think you guys can prepare a fix.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
wow I'm going to have to try this rom! lowering the min brightness setting! I wish clockwork recovery would let me install it!

wingdo

Reaction score
0.9.1:
Added ADW Launcher [anderweb]
ADW Launcher is now used by default as the launcher 2 replacement.
Stock launcher can still be accessed using switchapk.

I think I would rather have Launcher2 be the default (like with the upcoming phone release and with Music and Clock.

I use ADW, but I am using 0.9.0 and plan on sticking with it if at all possible. All the features I want but none of the upcoming bloat.

Tank + CK, yup the upcoming items are rather exciting. I cannot wait to see what is coming next.

natezire71

Reaction score
I think the ADW Launcher is a stupid add-on, but I'm sure most users will welcome it. (I use LauncherPro, which is better in my opinion. dancedroid)

However, excuse my noob question:

What is Cytown Phone overhaul?

captdroid

Reaction score
My current wish list for Sapphire...

1- ##Program and *#*#4636#*#* working in dialer.

2- Optional lock screen functionality when on a call which does not use proximity sensor to lock screen but instead locks when in a call and unlocks when the call is disconnected (or is manually unlocked via slider).

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the ADW Launcher is a stupid add-on, but I'm sure most users will welcome it. (I use LauncherPro, which is better in my opinion. dancedroid)

The adw is built from anderwebs source for sapphire. This will be the stock launcher which now he can add his own features too. Just give it a chance when the time comes and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Adw is a great launcher.

Also cytown's phone overhaul is a stock phone app with a bunch of extra features.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score

The adw is built from anderwebs source for sapphire. This will be the stock launcher which now he can add his own features too. Just give it a chance when the time comes and I'm sure you wont be disappointed. Adw is a great launcher.

Also cytown's phone overhaul is a stock phone app with a bunch of extra features.

I don't know about ADW. Maybe sometime I will try again. But I have grown accustom to Launcher Pro! :)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
have to admit i prefer launcherpro, infact just bought the plus version. As long as its an "option". Buecause other then launcher pro I prefer the default home launcher. In fact I use them both.

natezire71

Reaction score

Oh, no, I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I've used it before, but it just wasn't smooth switching screens and all of that. I will admit though, ADW has WAY more customization features. However, LauncherPro is catching up pretty quick.

But enough of "which Launcher is better." That thread is not this one. :p

Could someone send me a link to the site for Cytown Phone app?

captdroid

Reaction score

Oh, no, I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed. I've used it before, but it just wasn't smooth switching screens and all of that. I will admit though, ADW has WAY more customization features. However, LauncherPro is catching up pretty quick.

I think you will have to wait for new Sapphire release? since the link I posted will get you the Cytown Phone app but has been reported to have some issues with Sapphire at the moment.

natezire71

Reaction score

I think you will have to wait for new Sapphire release? since the link I posted will get you the Cytown Phone app but has been reported to have some issues with Sapphire at the moment.

Oh, I wasn't gonna download it. I just wanted to read up on it. :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
J

Did u disable overshoot and raise the scrolling speed? That helps a lot.