Sapphire updater/toolkit

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Why would anyone want a thousand scripts floating around on there phone? Look at scriptybox... it is a single program, small and contained, that does all the stuff that those thousands of scripts do... if the makers of all those scripts were actually all about there users, they would make something like that as well... it just makes sense... but then again if they were true programmers they would be building from source too...

Scriptybox will be kanged next since the reboot option already has...

Sorry I'm cranky haven't slept in ~20+ my mouth hurts and I hate dentists(HAVE to go see one tomorrow)... not happy...

I apologize to any I may have offended anyone... grr..

skurtz1313

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Why would anyone want a thousand scripts floating around on there phone? Look at scriptybox... it is a single program, small and contained, that does all the stuff that those thousands of scripts do... if the makers of all those scripts were actually all about there users, they would make something like that as well... it just makes sense... but then again if they were true programmers they would be building from source too...

Scriptybox will be kanged next since the reboot option already has...

Sorry I'm cranky haven't slept in ~20+ my mouth hurts and I hate dentists(HAVE to go see one tomorrow)... not happy...

I apologize to any I may have offended anyone... grr..

I'm sure it will, plus the other features coming in .0.7.0 I love how the DEV took the credit for your reboot option!(WTF)

Last edited:

roll3r

Reaction score
they will most likely to make it optional so don't worry roll3r :p

Oh I know. I just hate that stuff and think everyone else should too :).

What world do you live in lol. :)

A wonderful place where everyone uses good, source built ROMs by responsive devs. A world where everyone knows simple adb commands, and Googles (or asks someone) the rest instead of relying on a script to uninstall Corporate Calendar. A fairy-tale land where "Version Information In Settings > About Phone (credit to XXX)" does not belong in a ROM's kanglog. A world where nobody considers development to be a race to see who can throw the most useless garbage into their ROM the fastest, and where even if they did, the thronging masses would not fall at the builder's feet to thank him.

Last edited:

roll3r

Reaction score

That's my excuse as well. Just had oral surgery a few days ago. At least the percocet makes the pain borderline tolerable. And has that side effect of getting you high as a kite. Legally!

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Oh I know. I just hate that stuff and think everyone else should too :).

A wonderful place where everyone uses good, source built ROMs by responsive devs. A world where everyone knows simple adb commands, and Googles (or asks someone) the rest instead of relying on a script to uninstall Corporate Calendar. A fairy-tale land where "Version Information In Settings > About Phone (credit to XXX)" does not belong in a ROM's kanglog. A world where nobody considers development to be a race to see who can throw the most useless garbage into their ROM the fastest, and where even if they did, the thronging masses would not fall at the builder's feet to thank him.

Well said sir!!! If I wasn't broke due to having to go to the dentist, I would donate to you :)

dr2ww62

Reaction score

That's my excuse as well. Just had oral surgery a few days ago. At least the percocet makes the pain borderline tolerable. And has that side effect of getting you high as a kite. Legally!

Best part of surgery!

dr2ww62

Reaction score

I think what the OP was intending was for a user-interface for scriptybox. I agree with you that this little tool is brilliant, and so much better than the jumbled mess that is some roms and their approach to scripts.

What it boils down to for many users is that we don't like running from the command line. For many people, most of which are the really smart people like you that enjoy coding, the command line is preferable. Its easy to just remember a handful of commands to execute functions. But for a lot of us, our brains just don't work that way. I've tried over the years to become more proficient with coding and command line execution... but it takes effort. I'd rather have a simple, no-frills user interface for executing common commands. I don't want anything bloated that will affect my performance.... I just want something that lists all the commands in scriptybox with a button I can click to execute it. Otherwise I have to go online and look up the command and then type it in manually, which just takes me more time. I realize I'm stupid that I can't remember simple commands, but I just forget. Not looking for sympathy or trying to whine, it's just the truth. That part of my brain just doesn't work. I've always learned better with pictures and physical hands-on things.

Anyway, the reality boils down to this isn't really a big deal, just a thought to be considered. All these scripts and things aren't used for the general function of the phone, just once in a while deals so I don't mind looking up the commands when I need them. I'd so much rather the dev's spent their time working on things that are much more important. But someday if we got a little graphical interface for scriptybox, I sure wouldn't turn it off :)

OK well thanks for all your hard work sniffle and good luck at the dentist!

edit: I noticed after typing this that scriptybox does give you a list of all available commands and uses, which is very helpful. Better than looking it up online. I still prefer ui's, but like I said its not a big need, just a personal preference. If I really cared I should just learn how to make it myself instead of begging someone else to make something they wouldn't use anyway.

Last edited:

roll3r

Reaction score

Well said sir!!! If I wasn't broke due to having to go to the dentist, I would donate to you :)

Well take that donation and donate it to yourself and cvpcs, since I'm even more broke than you from the dentist (two teeth pulled and a bone graft!), and it's you guys that deserve the $$!

OP
bhughesiii

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has started any work on an app like this, but I think tonight I am going to do some digging to get myself setup to develop apps and start working on one.

Anyone have a handy dandy guide to developing apps for android?

OP
bhughesiii

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Thanks sniffle, I will be reading up on this tonight.