Sapphire in rom manager?

52brandon

Reaction score
I love clockwork and rom manager. Makes everything easy and portable. It's nice to get updates OTA and be able to upgrade my rom and change themes when I'm away from the computer

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was reading the main thread on the latest version of Sapphire and I was seeing people having issues and stating that it was from a clean install just to v0.7.

Some people were having issues fixed by downloading the V0.6.2 then not wiping data and loading V0.7

Would you suggest I do that since this is the first time I'm trying this ROM or just go for the V0.7??

Thanks again for the help!!

What issues are you talking about? I don't see a need to flash 0.6.2 really. Though use a backup app like titanium backup or mybackup pro to backup your apps because with the new 2.2 market they used your market apps don't sync. Other issues people have noticed are that voicesearch and another .apk are broken, but can be fixed by grabbing them from the 0.6.2 release, or download links they posted in the release thread.

Hope you enjoy it! It is a great ROM!

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I was reading the main thread on the latest version of Sapphire and I was seeing people having issues and stating that it was from a clean install just to v0.7.

Some people were having issues fixed by downloading the V0.6.2 then not wiping data and loading V0.7

Would you suggest I do that since this is the first time I'm trying this ROM or just go for the V0.7??

Thanks again for the help!!

What issues are you talking about? I don't see a need to flash 0.6.2 really. Though use a backup app like titanium backup or mybackup pro to backup your apps because with the new 2.2 market they used your market apps don't sync. Other issues people have noticed are that voicesearch and another .apk are broken, but can be fixed by grabbing them from the 0.6.2 release, or download links they posted in the release thread.

Hope you enjoy it! It is a great ROM!

Just the ones you posted about... auto restore of apps is not a biggie for me. Need to delete some anyways

Cool!! Thanks agin for the help. Downloading the V0.7 file now dancedroid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love clockwork and rom manager. Makes everything easy and portable. It's nice to get updates OTA and be able to upgrade my rom and change themes when I'm away from the computer

I'm not saying that the idea of ROM Manager is bad, but just the problems it causes for me doesn't make it worth it.

Just the ones you posted about... auto restore of apps is not a biggie for me. Need to delete some anyways

Cool!! Thanks agin for the help. Downloading the V0.7 file now dancedroid

You won't be disappointed :D

52brandon

Reaction score

I'm not saying that the idea of ROM Manager is bad, but just the problems it causes for me doesn't make it worth it.
I didn't mean for it to come off like it was directed at you. I guess if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. I can understand that. I had a problem once and just always flash the recovery twice when I switch or upgrade to be safe. But it's worked great for me for months

tdog7879

Reaction score
yaaaay ..i think i might give this one a shot!...will the themes and kernals be put in the rom manger to?

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
yaaaay ..i think i might give this one a shot!...will the themes and kernals be put in the rom manger to?

All of the p3kernels are included with the ROM download as an option (these are the new ones released today)

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there updated kernels for sapphire? I'm just running the stock one on 0.7, a LV 1 GHz if I'm not mistaken.

Edit: never mind, I see on the OP of the 0.7 thread that they were just released.

ravichopra

Reaction score
Just tried installing from RM...

Installed with 1100 MHz LV kernal (I've run it as high as 1300 before just fine), SG w/Blue theme and all fixes. Upon start-up it went into a Setup Manager crash loop. Had to battery pull. Nandroid restoring right now.

Anyone else run into this? Thoughts on a fix?
-R

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Installed with 1100 MHz LV kernal (I've run it as high as 1300 before just fine), SG w/Blue theme and all fixes. Upon start-up it went into a Setup Manager crash loop. Had to battery pull. Nandroid restoring right now.

Anyone else run into this? Thoughts on a fix?
-R

Try doing the fixes after the load of V0.7... seems people are running into issues with loading all at once