Sapphire in rom manager?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would like to see this rom in rom manager.. it just makes everything easier..

i have not had a problem with rom manager in the past month or so.. now when it first came out i had to spend 3 hours with sbf because it forgot to generate md5 on backup..

it is slower than sprecovery on restoring and making backups though..

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I like ROM Manager. I use the free version and use it primarily to give me an easy method of installing a downloaded rom and making a backup with one simple operation.

That being said, I have had some problems with clockwork recovery - for some reason, they update that thing like every 15 minutes, and I have yet to see a changelog or release notes as to what is being changed. Sometimes the flash won't take, so if you screw up your recovery image, you have to boot back up and reflash again (or flash alternate and then back again). Minor problems, really - sure beats having to rename everything to update.zip!

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I like ROM Manager. I use the free version and use it primarily to give me an easy method of installing a downloaded rom and making a backup with one simple operation.

That being said, I have had some problems with clockwork recovery - for some reason, they update that thing like every 15 minutes, and I have yet to see a changelog or release notes as to what is being changed. Sometimes the flash won't take, so if you screw up your recovery image, you have to boot back up and reflash again (or flash alternate and then back again). Minor problems, really - sure beats having to rename everything to update.zip!

I agree, though I usually download everything to my pc so I have it. Not so hard to rename to update.zip there :p but I agree with your point, it does make it easier!

jayman350

Reaction score

Rom Manager Changelog is available when you push the menu button at the main rm screen it will take you to this site http://gh-pages.clockworkmod.com/ROMManagerManifest/CHANGELOG.txt

i have noticed that when you flash recovery sometimes it will be fast and others it will be slow. In my experience, when it is slow, the recovery didn't flash correctly. flash again and it should work.

sprecovery is more reliable, but RM is just too convenient. especially now that you can flash in multiple steps.... I just had it flash the stock theme for sapphire, and then immediately afterward flash the smoked glass theme.... no reboots in between.

OP
666ogre666

666ogre666

Reaction score
Sorry I started so much drama haha, I just like the convenience of rom manager. Add to that the fact you could have all the working themes and kernals in one place, I don't see why its such a big deal to some people, if you don't like it don't use it.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not the fact that people don't like it, but that clockwork has caused problems for many, including myself...

If it hasn't caused you a problem, then good for you. If you had problem with rom manager, then don't use it. That settles it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aside from individuals having issues with RM.... the real issue I find is the die-hard fan-ism that follows RM and the developer. Just IMO.

It's all for the good of one community. People need to stop placing themselves on sides and arguing. Choice is good.

Last edited:

KingTee

Reaction score
it is slower than sprecovery on restoring and making backups though..

Under Rom Manager settings its has an option for quick backup and restore. It disables the progress bar to make things faster. I have used this when backing up my rom and it speed things up enuff for me. Try it out to see if it speeds it up for you.

KingTee

Reaction score
Aside from individuals having issues with RM.... the real issue I find it the die-hard fan-ism that follows RM and the developer. Just IMO.

It's all for the good of one community. People need to stop placing themselves on sides and arguing. Choice is good.

Its just like it was when BD drama was going on. Fanboys were coming out the wood work to defend him.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Under Rom Manager settings its has an option for quick backup and restore. It disables the progress bar to make things faster. I have used this when backing up my rom and it speed things up enuff for me. Try it out to see if it speeds it up for you.

Oh, I LOVED when they added that in. I've done enough coding to know that displaying the name of every file takes WAY longer than actually backing up each file on a framebuffer screen. I was thinking of suggesting that to the developers when I saw that in the very next update, somebody already had (or they thought of and added it in themselves)

Backups do still take a little longer, but the fact that you can initiate them from an app and have it perform the backup without any further interaction is worth a little extra time. The MD5 sums give me a warm fuzzy about restoring to a corrupted backup.

If you had problem with ________, then don't use it. That settles it.
1000 times this! For everything ever.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

"Well then don't do that."

Is there really a simpler explanation? LOL

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I had made a feature request to get an app similar to RM, BB Toolkit and UD control center to make running scripts easier and also to incorporate a update notification/ download and install updates from the app and other various services that would be easier from a user interface.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"Doctor, it hurts when I do this..."

"Well then don't do that."

Is there really a simpler explanation? LOL

yes. your holding it wrong. its the answer to everything unlike 42