Sapphire and battery issues

nygrik

Reaction score
this may seem like a bad workaround but one of the pluses of owning a droid for me is the ability to swap batteries...my friends iphones die and they are done for the day...i switch batteries and reload my psx emulator or whatever else i was using...these are no longer just phones so for me i sort of expect a fast battery drain...if the display screen is on for three hours and you have been multitasking its alot more use than just making basic calls...id say depending on how YOU use your droid...extra batteries and chargers are a necessity, i have three and at times thats STILL not enough and i charge them all everynight...

OP
Rhino413

Rhino413

Reaction score
To: racketier

in Ultimate juice there is an option to have apps exempt from data cut off
and also you can adjust the how long and how often the data turns on while in sleep. when UJ is first turned on it is set to the easy setup option if you select advanced there is a lot of options you can play with. for example lets say during the hrs of 8am and 12pm you know your going to have heavy work traffic coming into the phone. you can set the schedule to keep data running those hrs but turn every other radio off and then after 12pm it then will turn apn off while in sleep. I have yet to fully dive into the abilities of this app it is very complex it even has a cpu scaler available. there is also a apn on off widget that you can use if you press the widget once it says apn on juicedefender press it again it says apn on user the difference is if the apn is on and set to user it wont turn it off when in sleep. say you are done with what ever needed Data you select the apn widget again tell it says juicedefender and then next time the phone is locked or falls asleep it will turn the data off.

here is a little

breakdown of how the ultimate juice app works.
you can select when, how, and how long your data is turned off
you can select to auto connect to a wifi when available rather than the 3g
you can select peak times to have your data on when in sleep and when to turn it off you can have certain apps with in your droid be exempt from this in the app setting you can have it scale your cpu if your wish (i do not)
the app is very extensive and works very well it can be customized to your liking if you so desire.

I've considered using Juice Defender/Ultimate Juice several times. I install it and then refrain from using it because I like to be connected to Google Talk at all times. Ultimate Juice kicks me off Google Talk when it disables the APN, and it doesn't automatically sign back in unless I try opening the application again.

I wouldn't mind turning off my internet for everything else =/

racketier

Reaction score
Thanks Rhino I didnt know the pay version lets you exclude apps from having their data blocked.

ck3jr

Reaction score
I reflashed back to stock 1.0 to put a new theme on but was not around a cpu to do the whole reflash, but i noticed how much longer my battery life has lasted without the google app apk, why is this? When i reflashed at 7pm last night I was at 70% battery life at 6:55 this morning I'm still at 70%. Strange? Odd?

dmartins

Reaction score
I reflashed back to stock 1.0 to put a new theme on but was not around a cpu to do the whole reflash, but i noticed how much longer my battery life has lasted without the google app apk, why is this? When i reflashed at 7pm last night I was at 70% battery life at 6:55 this morning I'm still at 70%. Strange? Odd?
I have Google apps installed and get great battery life.
You must have something set to constantly sync.

raven1911

Reaction score
Since rooting and installing Sapphire 1.0 I have noticed the battery is pretty warm all the time. Every once in a while it will be cool. My battery drains like mad. I have to charge it 1-2 times a day as it usually will get down to 40% by midday and I don't like it that low, so I put it on the charger. I will just assume by battery life just sucks. I live with it and carry my charging cable around with me everywhere in my backpack. I might try and go get the new Droid 2 battery and put it in but not sure if that is much better?

I am beginning to think that all Droid phones are different with battery life. I have never really had good battery life since buying the phone running stock. Not to hijack the thread, but I also still have the echo when I talk on the phone, and have been unable to get rid of it despite changing from 2.01 to 2.1 to rooted 2.2. I hate the echo and its very annoying, but I am just assuming its part of the phone just like the bad battery life.

I am running the stock kernel that came with Sapphire and have set it in the GEM settings to 125 mhz min and am playing with 900 to 1000mhz.